**** DONE: 1/12 Art Chester Racer - From WW1 to WW2 GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Now, how on earth are you gonna stitch this up????

Quite simple, my good man. Cut out the damaged area, cut a new piece to fit, apply a generous bit of clear dope and place the new piece over the hole. Trim as necessary. The pic's show the repaired area, and it's had three coats of the 50/50 mix. Hope to get one more on tonight, then another coat of the whole wings. Alas... no painting today. I may resort to the hairy stick. SHMBO had other plans ....

Charles

Attachments

• DSCN0129.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 78
Trying to get some painting done, today, but the tissue isn't cooperating. I've lost count of how many coats I've put on the wings, always allowing fifteen or more minutes to set up between coats. I'm using "Blue Angels Yellow", which is rather bright. Sometimes I can't even tell if the paint is still wet !

Anyhow, going to get lunch, then spray some more.

Edit: 1630... this are the final pic's. I have no idea how many coats !

Charles

Attachments

• DSCN0134.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 76
  • DSCN0135.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 74
  • DSCN0136.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Working on making decals tonight. Made copies of the areas of the plans, put them all on one sheet, and after a bit of cleaning up with white-out and a marking pen, have come up with suitable decals for the Racer. After the wings dry for a couple of days, I will put the N-number on it and the right wing gets the Race-15. The smaller 15's go on the fuselage, as with the louvers and exhaust ports.

Don't know if I can finagle the instrument panel in place, but I'll try.

Charles

Attachments

• scan0067.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 83
Unless something goes south, intend to paint the fuselage tomorrow. The color is "Willow Green", Model Master #2028.

After that it's paint the inside of the cockpit, the wheels and the nose-block.... all gloss black. Pic's tomorrow evening.

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread