**** DONE: 1/32 F4U-1 - Aircraft Nose Art GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hoping so Vic, and awesome Paul, thanks for posting that!

In that last photo I see the colour difference of the top of the tail a lot better. I almost think it may have been repainted in the medium blue on -1As, so it would be similar in colour.

You probably have this stuff Cory, but just in case……………..

Cory 1.jpg

Cory 2.jpg

Thanks Vic, I didn't actually have the info claiming it lacked the curved glass. I wonder where they got that from? I can't see it definitively from the photos. The outline is certainly there in the first photo I posted.

i think Paul has beaten me to it with that pic.

Hasagawa have gone with the light coloured tail, not sure the correct names for the colours but if you mean the same one as the lower surface colour of Ken Walsh's birdcage F4u-1 then i agree Cory

HA01946.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Karl, that does look pretty darn close, doesn't it? I think part of the reason I didn't believe other profiles such as the first one you posted is because the difference is so stark in them, and it isn't a slap in the face difference. Hasegawa has the tones more correct in their profile and it looks a lot more like the photos. I'll just have to make sure I get my paint mixes right!

Thanks Wayne!

All right, lets stir things up. I know its only a drawing but it's different. Note the star on the port wing is intact and silver struts. I've been awake since 4 a.m. yesterday and I've got 5 more books to look through. Let me know if you need any detail shots.

cory1.JPG

Geo

Thanks Geo. I think I'm ok for detail shots, it's just there are a few particulars about this individual aircraft I'm still unsure on is all, but that can be figured out as I move along, which has been slower than hoped due to work and hockey.

I would like detail shots of this lady please, so we can examine if the "curves" are in correct configuration :) :D lol :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back