**** DONE: 1/32 Grumman Wildcat F4F-3 Early – Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys the photos were taken with my iphone4s it does produce some good shots. All my finished aircraft photos are taken with it too!
Vaughan

Last edited:
I got the fuselage together this morning a little work will be required on the seams, I'm not 100% happy with the fit of the wheel well bulkhead but it will have to do, a little filler will be required, Once the undercarriage is in situ and the wings are on it's not going to be overly obvious. The tail wheel is well protected as I don't have a very good track record when it comes to breaking them.
Vaughan

Attachments

• IMG_2295.jpg
    IMG_2295.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_2300.jpg
    IMG_2300.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 103
+1 looking great :) I hate this type of set up, theres always a tiny gap somewhere when your joining the gear to the Fuselauge. :( On yours it looks very minimal :D and putty should take care of it easy :)

Hi All
And thanks for the comments. Here's my progress over the last 6 day I've started to motor on this one as the end of November doesn't seem that far away. Now that the fuselage is together the wings are the next stage. A dry run with the wing halves has shown that the tabs( that are only on the upper halves) are very short making attaching them very tricky due to the profile of the fuselage. So what I opted to do was to glue the top halves first thus getting a good joint. I used Mr Cement S which because of it's capillary action secured the wing half ensuring there was no glue lines. On the lower halves I have added the machine guns and their corresponding feed belts, I'm not sure at the moment wether I will have the inspection covers open will decide at a later stage. I then offered up the lower halves thus creating a near perfect join. Just a small amount of filler will be required on the leading edge.
Vaughan

Attachments

• IMG_2402.jpg
    IMG_2402.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_2403.jpg
    IMG_2403.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_2404.jpg
    IMG_2404.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_2405.jpg