**** DONE: 1/48 A-4C Skyhawk-Mig Killer - Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Cory and Terry. I've built several Hobbycraft kits in the past and aside from the early kit decals, I don't recall having this bad of a fit problem. I have several others in the stash including the Ar234 and I'm not going let this brief little trip to downtown insanity put me off. Should have the bottom puttied up and various appendages added by tonite.

Geo

Thankee Charles. Major mud and sanding over. Had to redo behind the cockpit as the silver paint revealed a step. Finer grits at midnite and wings to follow.

001.JPG

002.JPG

004.JPG

Geo

Feel your pain Geo, had two Hobby Craft, long, long time back. Binned them both. Stick with it mate.

I think because were all looking for a cheap kit we pick up the hobbycraft stuff out of the blue. You always wish it to go well, to have the type of detail and precision Tamiya and Hasegawa, Eduard have. But they always end up being bad and frusting but when you get the bad stuff sorted, they do make some very fine kits :) and when you know what you had to go through to make it into that type of model make the kits even more epic :)

Thanks Vic and right you are Rogi. In hindsight, I should have removed the last pin in the tail section but I thought it serve as an anchor while I tried to line up and glue the fuselages together, C'est la vie. Played around last night with the wing/fuselage join...nyet. Two steps on the frontal, joinal area. Oh well, off to camp and then a two day golf tourney this coming weekend. Severe drinking interrupted by sporadic golfing. It's the annual Men's Night Wrapup. 18 holes last about 8 hours each day. 3 man teams so it's kind of a last team standing wins.

Geo

Last edited:
The battle continues. Grind down the inside of the rear section of the wing and then try to get the best fit for the top join of the front of the wing join, fill and sand the bottom.

001.JPG
004.JPG
006.JPG

Right now I yearn for a Tamiya fix but I shall persevere.

Geo

Apologies for the lack of updates and the quality of these last photos. Just completed a 1400k/3 day trip to see my daughter.(Hi, how ya doin', nice place, gotta go, luv ya) and now I'm trying to clean up my modeling(mess to SWMBO) area and pack for camp.
The hole just keeps getting deeper..note the gap at the wing join during the dry fit as referred to by angry arrow.
002.JPG

The solution, raise the top of the wing using my old PRC swipe card.
004.JPG

Photo to show what needs to be done and it is now tucked in and glued
005.JPG

Once the wings are attached, there will be a light at the end of the tunnel and right now I'm praying it's a train. Received some great news last week(For me, not you guys). By the end of this month my shift will become 7 on/ 7 off as opposed to 4/4 right now....more modlin' time :p. Back Sunday morning....have a great rest of your week, gentlemen.

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back