**** DONE: 1/48 A-4C Skyhawk-Mig Killer - Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This model came this close l<------------>l, no, this close l<-->l, to meeting Mr. Wall. The cockpit would not fit where Hobbycraft wanted it to fit. Not the best but I can live with it.

005.JPG

011.JPG

Weathering is a bit over the top on the struts, but I found these. Maybe it was raining when he drove the A-4 back to the farm.

Capture1222.JPG

Capture122.JPG

Off to camp. Have a good week gentlemen.

Geo

Looks great, yeah hobbycraft hits always have hickups :( glad you sorted it out! :D

Tell you what tho..
That cockpit makes a nice display by itsownself!!!!!
But it sounds like what one has to go thru to get a resin cockpit to fit!

Don't stop!

I Freakin' Hate HobbyCraft

Okay, that's outta the system. Only two locating pins on the fuselage halves, one of which I cut off as it was hindering the fit. Added some tabs from a promo credit card (never tried this before) and the trial fit seems to show it has helped. Gonna let the tabs thoroughly dry, cut my lawn, watch the Bluejays, then glue this nightmare together. Epoxied some fish weights into the nose.(Never used epoxy before neither). Would have preferred birdshot but my government has deemed it illegal for me to purchase it but that's another bitter story.

004.JPG

006.JPG

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back