**** DONE: 1/48 A-4C Skyhawk-Mig Killer - Carrier Aircraft GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep, no problem. Love to know the external differences, as I always get mixed up with which 'scooter' is which!
Somewhere, I've got a magazine article (probably in 'Fly Past' magazine) about a wheels up landing using the drop tanks, after a combat in Viet Nam.

Terry...the way I see it, the difference between the B and C was a change in the avionics resulting in some panel changes, a bit longer nose section and some aerial changes. This gave it the ability for night and adverse weather missions. Evan(A4K) is probably more qualified to answer this.

Geo

Great link Lucky and thanks for the info Evan. One thing about the fuselage....only one locating pin and that's in the fin. As of now, I'm gluing the corresponding nose pieces to it's respective fuselage side. The pieces are a tad bigger than the fuselage so I'm sanding down and fitting. I am also waiting for my third arm to evolve to handle the five piece seat. At 1650hrs, no third arm. Going to camp tomorrow night so hope to have photos on Sunday.

Geo

:lol:

Come in handy that third arm, could hold your coffee while you're driving! Looking forward to next pics mate.

Third arm never evolved and was moderately successful with the seat. The front wheel-well fit where it touched and touched where it fit. If there are gaps after you use Gorilla Glue, well sir, you haven't used enough Gorilla Glue. Everything you said in your review of the review of the model has so far proven to be true Evan. Painting the cockpit...photos tonight.

Geo

Sorry for the lack of progress. Major funk set in. I think it was that seat that almost done did me in. :banghead:

002.JPG

Some touch-ups, dusting and belts required. Note my hi-tech knob painter holding up the seat.

003.JPG

Found this photo of the seat. When I get back from camp I'm going to try add the wire to the top of the seat. Not quite up there with Terry, Andy, Wayne and others scratch building abilities but hey, baby steps.

Capture1.JPG

Back Monday morning...Have a great weekend Gents.

Geo.

(New Siggy.....only took two weeks to post it....thanks Njaco!)

EDIT..What's with the magnifying glass on my siggy? Can I remove it? Thanks

Last edited:
Your siggy is larger than 500 pixels in its width. Also you put its URL address between "img" tags. And the forum system resized it automatically to the maximal width that is allowed for images of siggies. You can remove it if you resize the picture to 500 or less pixels in the width and upload the URL address of the new shots again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back