**** DONE: 1/48 A-4C Skyhawk-Mig Killer - Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for the encouragement guys. Right now gluing one inch a time, might get done around midnight. Looks like filling and sanding will be involved.
I love the lead weights in the nose !! Why no BB's or birdshot in B.C. ?

Charles
Long story, short Charles... I was allowed to buy firearms and ammo(Had 7 rifles, 2 shotguns) but the government changed the rules in what was a money grab and I refused to go along. You can still buy birdshot, just not me :cry:.

Geo

Last edited:
It starts...right side of the fuselage was warped(my first) so there will be some gaps. Out comes the masking tape, to save the panel lines, my favorite filler, and for starters, 220 grit. I'll be back later.

001.JPG
002.JPG

Geo

I feel your pain for Hobbycraft :D its like they took two diffrent kits and bashed them together, except they found the most perfect way to mess it up :D, then they passed this joy onto the customer! :)

Mud and sand, mud and sand. Oh, and I managed to pop off an intake and open up a seam on the tail. I really believe I smelled melting plastic as I was sanding. And right you are Terry. This putty is dangerous and highly flammable. It would be a shame for the model to come in contact with an open flame such as my wife's lighter or the barbeque outside. Yes, a shame indeed. I persevere.](*,)

005.JPG

Geo

George, I would advise you that you did not have much trouble with you is sanded with sandpaper to water did you put a picture to guide you, the houses bought in paints for cars, looking house of kolor for example (is a brand of paint for cars ) you will find them very fine grained cogetelas the lowest I have is 800 and held in 8000 if I still see scratches with toothpaste and a cotton you can finish polishing, putty caulking you use is also very important not all fillers work well.

835ebf0f.gif

Thanks Wayne and Sergio. I have various grits up(down?) to 800. That's as good as it gets in this little burg. Still haven't grown a pair to online shop yet but that day may soon come.(Watched an Airfix Seafire Mk.XVII disappear on ebay for very cheap).

Geo

Nice corrections Geo. I always think Hobbycraft provide good basic parts, and the modeller does the rest!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back