**** DONE: 1/48 Bf 109F-2 – Winter War / Eastern Front WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys, It really wasn't that hard, the wheel well walls had the proper shape so it was just a matter of trimming the skin back to the wheel well walls with sharp #11 blade.

Now, Attention all you Luftwaffe experts out there.
I received the decals today and the cheat sheet that came with them telling you what colors to use did not have the "K" or the "C" on it (see profile below). The "C is a no brainier and I'll use RLM04, but the "K" on the underside of the wings and lower fuselage sides I'm not so sure about. I'm thinking maybe RLM76, but it could be RLM65 or RLM78. Any help here would be appreciated.

AMLC8004D (2).jpg

Last edited:
Finished cleaning up the Fuselage and wing joints and glued on the cowl panels. The fit at the front wasn't great and will need some filler

P9111066.JPG

Last edited:
Looking great so far, and I agree about the save on the wheel wells. Wasn't Harder's 109F colored 02 and 70? If so, the question about 65 vs 76 may be valid.

Doing ok there Glenn, your slight gap may be the result of a small inner lip on that front nose section interfering with the cowl covers....?

and yes this aircraft is more than likely a 71/02 non standard upper camo so flip your coin as to whether 65 was used or it was combined with 76?

Attachments

• Bf109_Inner Lip_4460.jpg
    Bf109_Inner Lip_4460.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 81
Life has been getting in the way lately, but I still hope to finish this one before the deadline. In the last few days I've finished the cockpit and glued the wings on.

PA241067.JPG
PA241068.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back