**** DONE: 1/48 Curtiss Hawk 75A-2 - Aircraft in Foreign Service WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

For the navigation lights, use wax or plastiline to make the mold then put a little drop of ca. wait cad dry before demold

The inside of the flap hadn't the plate which had holes
and the inside wing had the same ribs number
I'm not at my home, so I can't send pictures

Many thanks for the kind words folks, nothing much to show, modelling btime has been limited but still working on wings.

Looks great Vic, I might have a solution to your lense issue there are some eduard etch stuff that has the teardrop shape along the edges just so you can make the lenses, will see if i still have some...

Thanks Wayne, maybe you can post a pic so I can see what they look like, I have a feeling I may have seen something of what you mention.

For the navigation lights, use wax or plastiline to make the mold then put a little drop of ca. wait cad dry before demold

The inside of the flap hadn't the plate which had holes
and the inside wing had the same ribs number
I'm not at my home, so I can't send pictures

Thanks also Waroff, I'll take another look at what references I have and see what I can pick out.

Thanks again for looking in folks.

After reading Wayne's offer at 4:00am this morning (hey fever, totally unable to breath, sore head, so got up for a cuppa and some Panadol) and replying. When my brain cell eventually kicked into gear I had this recollection that somewhere I had these small lenses, purchased on a whim and stowed away someplace.

These are them and will be just the ticket for what I want to do.

20131126-1a.jpg

As for the bird, were at this stage. Have done some scribing but still have a couple of patches to sort out. Then I'll start on the landing gear and sort what needs to be sprayed.

20131126-1b.jpg

20131126-1c.jpg

Thanks a bunch guys and many thanks George, a couple of good sights there. I often get stuff from HLJ and never thought to look there for lenses.

Nothing to show folks, she is all ready for an initial spray to check out joins, glue marks and such. Hope to get to that tomorrow.

Had a slack moment and was checking out the decals for this build. The kit supplied decals have some nasty chips in them rendering them useless and the special set I purchased for this build along with the book only have the roundels and code numbers. Sadly the colour of the roundels is a different and incorrect blue so between the two sets, matching cannot be made.

Lucky for me though, I found a complete set of decals suited for this build at Hannants, postage is astronomical, but with luck I should have them by the end of next week or early the week after. The down side to this though, is that while looking for the decals I got hooked and also ordered another kit (Hil will kill me) with extras, a Dewoitine D.520 which will just fit in nicely as a Vichy kite for the Mediterranean build.

As for this build, may not be able to spray today, it's very damp and raining at times.

C'mon Vic! Be the man and do as I do.
Sneak it in the house when she isn't home!
If you get caught you can say "I'm only holding it for a friend!"

Last edited:
C'mon Vic! Be the man and do as I do.
Sneak it in the house when she isn't home!
If you get caught you can say "I'm only holding it for a friend!"

Hey Paul, postman was very quick and I got the delivery today while Hil was out, so yes it did get snuck in and is now lost somewhere in my stash.

Onto the build:

Managed to get a bit of modelling in today, sprayed a splash of paint on to see if the seams and other areas had taken nicely, then made it look damn ugly by outlining very roughly the panel lines. All being good I'll get the underside sprayed up tomorrow.

20131130-1c.jpg

I've also bee playing with the tail wheel area. the real McCoy has a dirt bag wrapped round it, so I.ve had a go at putting this in. It's a bit rough and ready at the moment but I'll give it a tidy up before spraying.

20131130-1a.jpg

20131130-1b.jpg

20131130-1d.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back