**** DONE: 1/48 Fairey Gannet AS.1 - Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Got to agree with Karl on this one - I'd end up permanently in the pub! Going to really make it look the biz though.

Thanks once again folks for all your kind words.

Not a lot of progress today, not for the want of trying though. Spent all day just fixing up the etched detail bits to the wing folds. Had to do a bit of cutting to get them all to fit and the cleaning back so that the pieces were flush with the wing edges.

Here's how the two joins now look end on.

120906-1B.jpg

120906-1A.jpg

This is something like the way they should look when finished, less the Blu-tac. Lots of little bits have as yet to be added, such as hydraulic piping, electric cable and not to forget the damper jacks for raising and lowering. With the complexity of this it also means that the final spray will have to be done before centre and outer wing attachment. Oh but we are going to fun.

120906-1C.jpg

120906-1D.jpg

120906-1E.jpg

Nicely done Vic, it's going to look superb when all fixed together. Must have been a nightmare, with all those different angles - and here's me sweating over the prospect of the PE wing fold for the Sea Fury, which is dead straight!

Thanks Gents, your all most kind.

Paul, Karl, I've been having the same thoughts myself for your right, it all looks a bit fragile. What I have done is to place a small sliver of Evergreen behind each of the etched attachment points to strengthen them, once painted they won't be noticed. Secondly the aircraft in real life do have a support rod attached to the first fold of the wing up to the wing tip. Then there is a whole bunch of gismos which plug into the wing folds between the two wings, if I can get just a couple of these fixed in the whole lot should be reasonably secure.

IMG_4208.JPG

She looks great, just hope everything fits together when you get it straightened out :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back