**** DONE: 1/48 He-51 b-2 floatplane – From WW1 to WW2 GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I agree with decaling first, but would drill before decaling so the hole doesn't have to be drilled thru the decal. If you get my drift.

Are you getting this big storm I been seein on CBS news??????

I have been occupied on other things, but I will sling some paint soon.
Bill, we got the rain down here before it swung up north and dumped 3 feet of snow on those nice folks up there.

First one done.

Untitled.png

For a minute I thought I was looking at one of s,ɔıΛ ɹo ǝuʎɐM models. Coming along nicely Paul.

Geo

Whow, dude, you really freaked me out! For a minute there I thought I was having a flashback! It's not nice to mess with an old, (Umm, how do we say this,) sampler of some of god's finer leafy creatitions! (Not that I induldge any more, you understand. Gave it up years ago.)

Finer leafy things, leafy things……………………..…what the!!!!!!!!!!…………………Ahhh………………..OH yes, okay I get it………………………TEA.

The top wing is on, with the help of stratigic placing and timing of gluing, and a small hammer.
Not really, as far as the hammer goes, but i felt like using one. The trick is to line up the outer struts and then do the inner "N" struts. I had to "steam" the top wing to get the warp out of it, I think it came out well, everything lined up pretty good.
On to the rest of the rigging!

he5117.jpg

Last edited:

That was one mighty storm in the East! Haven't heard much about it lately.

Bill: The Boston area got hit really hard. I talked to the Shipping Manager at Guillow's, and she said they had 37 inches !! Guillow's was closed for two days. I have an order placed with them, but because they were closed she's going to send it Express Mail.

Paul: Looks good, my man.... Did you paint it white or is that just the glare from the stadium lights ?

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back