**** DONE: 1/48 Lockheed Ventura - Heavy Hitters II GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Heeding Andy's warning, I must have sprayed about 8(lost count) coats of white on. Normally I try to get coverage in two goes but usually end up with runs. Gonna have a closer look in the morning and decide if one more coat is needed.

001.JPG

Geo

Great job Geo, and that was good advice from Andy - definitely thin coats, x 3, 4, 5, 6...

I do believe that ridge on the bomb bay doors was an aerodynaically formed stop of sorts, but why it was so pronounced, and didn't close snug..???

Thanks guys. In camp right now and a quick question. I had to touch up around the side windows so I used some bottle paint. It didn't even come close to matching so I had to remask and spray. Removing the mask and the inevitable happened, I loosened but didn't pop out a side window. I have Clearfix so my question is, if I coat this over the window, will this secure the window? You guys have a week to yay or nay this or come up with alternate solutions. It's the front window on the port side. Start quibbling, gentlemen. A premature thank you in advance.

Geo

Great job on the spray Geo. Frankly not sure what you mean with the Clearfix stuff. Not used this before. If I understand you correctly, the window loosened and poped inwards? Sorry but I got nuthin for that.

If the window hasn't moved inside, then a bead of 'Clearfix', or PVA, can be run around the periphery, using a cocktail stick, and allowed to set. Carefully wipe off any excess, immediately after applying, with a wet finger tip of a wet (old) paint brush.
If the window has moved inwards slightly, it might be possible to pull it into place using a narrow strip of tape, before applying the 'Clearfix' or PVA - but that's your decision!
Once the window is set, then give it a coat of Future, as suggested by Paul, which will 'smooth out' the overall appearance, and add strength to the joint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back