**** DONE: 1/48 MS 406 - Winter War / Eastern Front WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

about rad of MS406. it could be in any position when the ac was on the ground.
the rad was a manual control. The pilot will set the radiator up position when the water temperature will be below 60° and down when the T° reach 120°.
The radiator stays in the position as adjusted by the pilot.
up or down it was not a problem during pre warm engine.
When the oil is cold his viscosity is high, under the high pressure, an by pass is opened, the oil coming from the engine, return directly to the engine without cross the radiator.
When the oil begin to be warm, the pressure decreases and the by pass is progressively closed. The oil crosses radiator now.

Du très joli travail sur ce pit!

Hello,
Thanks Waroff for this information...
I saw your work on your MS406 => an amazing and fantastic work :thumbright:
Finally, I decided to work on the nose...
Before
DSCN1094 (Copier).JPG

After
DSCN1261 (Copier).JPG

Since I'm not familiar with this aircraft, I am having a hard discerning the type of work you did on the nose. Did you bevel the top front edge of the cowling down at a greater angle? From the profiles, it looks like the original aircraft had an angle point between the nose and the canopy. Not meant to be a criticism since I believe that subtle work = good work!

Since I'm not familiar with this aircraft, I am having a hard discerning the type of work you did on the nose. Did you bevel the top front edge of the cowling down at a greater angle? From the profiles, it looks like the original aircraft had an angle point between the nose and the canopy. Not meant to be a criticism since I believe that subtle work = good work!

I added plastic card and putty between the panel with the windscreen and the next panel

DSCN1094_1.jpg

DSCN1261_1.jpg

Capturer (Copier).JPG

:)

many drawings show a broken line near a propeller, but it's a wrong interpretation.
When we look in three quarter front, the cowling line and the line of cylinder head give this impression of broken. But from firewall frame to the propeller spinner, it's a straight line. This line is tangent to the propeller spinner, not above it.
captur10.jpg

I drew from the original technical drawings and data MS (fuselage plan, frame, plan-form),
each line, circle, arc, are strictly traced according to MS data of 1938.

extrai10.jpg

With a broken line, your MS is better now.
It is too wide but it will be not easy to corrected (fuselage: wide of AZ = 22,5 , and at 1/48: 18,75.... maximum cross section, at the windscreen frame station: 900x1835mm)

bonne journée
Waroff

Last edited:
That is good detail correction which most folks would never have known Steph, me being one of those 'most folks'.

It's great to find these differences in the kit to the real thing, and then be able to make them.......
reminds me of all the ones I did on my Blenheim, verrrry satisfying.

Well done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back