**** DONE: 1/48 Fw 189-A2 – Winter War / Eastern Front WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Right chaps, Don especially, were back in the swing of things and over the past day or so I've applied the decals on the upper surfaces, given the old gall another coat or two of Future for protection, masked off the identification decals and coated it with a couple of coats of hair spray.

20141023 a.jpg

20141023 b.jpg

Before whacking on some white, I decided to just swish over a very light coat of very light grey as a base for the distemper. Not sure if it did any good, but it was an idea and I had to give it a go.

20141023 c.jpg

Next up a coat or two of white, gently applied in several light sprays, trying to leave some indication of the under surface coat.

20141023 d.jpg

Once dry to the touch, a little bit of roughing up was called for, scratch marks, worn parts and a bit of muddying around the work areas.

20141023 e.jpg

Now all the masking has been removed, it time to sort out all those protruding and fiddly bits. But first a double whisky, me thinks.

20141023 f.jpg

Last edited:
Many thanks Dale, Hugh and Andy.

That went well Vic. Risky business masking those decals like that. Glad they behaved.

Must admit Andy, my heart was pounding when I pulled the mask off, but I had taken the precaution of a couple of hardened coats of Future and the hair spray over the decals first and then the tape cut to size and pressed a few times on the jeans to reduce the sticky.

Thanks for passing by folks and for the kind word and decal concerns, just as well I'd gone and done the masking before you guys said anything cause I'd have been in a right tizz otherwise.

Well things have been moving on over the past couple of days and we're almost there. I've a few more bits to add such as canopy parts, props and such but I think removing all of the masks is going to be a bit of a pain. They'll be top of the list for tomorrow behind possible garden chores, all being well.

Anyway, here's a few little pics to be going on with.

20141027 a.jpg

20141027 e.jpg

20141027 b.jpg

20141027 c.jpg

20141027 d.jpg

20141027 f.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back