**** DONE: 1/48 Fw 189-A2 – Winter War / Eastern Front WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks gents and a special thanks Andy. When I saw that brake you could have bowled me over with a feather, all fixed now and I actually have one leg installed in the bay. No pics folk, sorry but once the late afternoon sun hits the hanger window, the light is at the wrong angle for taking shots, all you get is deep shadow. Will try to get some up for tomorrow.

Here we go guys, as promised a few update pics.

While I was doing some test fitting I noticed these poor representations for what are hand holds, so they have come off and I will add something better later.

20140922 a.jpg

Also did a little dirtying in the wheel bays.

20140922 b.jpg

First engine mounted and as seen via the servicing hatch.

20140922 c.jpg

20140922 d.jpg

Couple of pics of the wheels down and also up as far as they go. This up position will be good for keeping them out of the way while spraying.

20140922 e.jpg

20140922 f.jpg

Here I'm doing the first test fit of starboard wing to cockpit……………………a little bit of a gap to sort.

20140922 g.jpg

20140922 h.jpg

Looking good, Vic! I am keeping copious notes of this build for when I finally get around to mine. Great info so far.

Vic this is a wonderful build. love it. The work on the engine and the gear. The amount of glass in just incredable. I had this in 72 scale years ago but never built it. Don't recall but I think it was Airfix.

Vic this is a wonderful build. love it. The work on the engine and the gear. The amount of glass in just incredable. I had this in 72 scale years ago but never built it. Don't recall but I think it was Airfix.

OMG, masking that glass in 72nd?! Oh, hell NO. My eyes would cook off fast.

Really nice work Vic as always. Can't wait to see what you do for those hand holds

Mike, those handles will be nothing special, just a bit of PE stuck on to look the part.

Thanks for looking in folks and for the kind words. I'm afraid the model hasn't been so kind though.

I got the wings lined up and the dihedral set (or so I thought) and glued it all together. However while taking these first three pics I had that funny feeling things just didn't look right and sure enough one of the wings was lower than the other.

20140925 a.jpg

20140925 b.jpg

20140925 c.jpg

My only solution was to rip off the offending wing and try again………………….Well, rip off is not the right word for I had to saw it off and once back on again, clean it up as best I could. As you can see, a bit of filler and some spacers were required and a lot of scraping and filing. I couldn't quite get it set correctly and the port wing is still out by about a mm at the tip, but I can live with that. She is also all sealed up ready for a bit of paint.

20140925 d.jpg

20140925 e.jpg

20140925 f.jpg

I see Don is having a Guam flashback again. Just ask him about shooting Walter Matthau. Better yet, let that dog be...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back