**** DONE: 1/48 Fw 189-A2 – Winter War / Eastern Front WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Dale, not so much drilling as these were pre stamped PE, just fiddly to position and then paint.

I've only ever used Montex masks once and though good, I found they were less pliable, slightly thicker and with less adhesion than Eduard. The adhesion part could be because of the thickness of the material used to make the masks.

Just now looked through this entire thread. Fantastic work Vic. I hope this isn't too late but if you haven't closed up the cockpit yet this might help you with the wiring. I used it when I was doing my MPM Fw189 for the Foke-Wulf/Messerschmidt GB

Attachments

• FW 189 wire.jpg
    FW 189 wire.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 104
Many thanks Glenn. Looks like I have chosen the wrong side for the inst panel, but no worries, it's only a minor detail, who will notice!

b0227.gif

Thanks gents, still adding PE bits but did manage to spray engine and wheel bays yesterday which I hope to detail today. We will see.

I've been pushing on slowly with this build, adding the PE and trying to sort out the build sequence instructions has been a bit tricky. The instructions are not all that clear in places and the build sequence to my mind is a little unconventional.

Anyway, here are some progress pics the first being the two main wings and half the boom.

20140918 1a.jpg

The inside of the wheel bay outer wall.

20140918 1b.jpg

One of the main undercarriage legs, the mudguards still need to be added.

20140918 1c.jpg

The tailwheel extended and folded.

20140918 1d.jpg

20140918 1e.jpg

Lastly another look at the engine now in it's mount.

20140918 1f.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back