**** DONE: 1/48 P-47M - Aircraft Nose Art GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm thinking It's the same color. In the photo with Ole Miss, the dark blue in the patch under the canopy appears to me to be darker than the dark blue behind the cowling. The tail even looks darker.

andy.JPG

Geo

Good stuff guys and I take your point Geo. The tail, however is a different angle to the sun so I would not go by that.

Fished out the Jug on Saturday while the gloss coat on my Mosquito was curing and assembled a few parts. The fuselage received the fin extension discussed above and I spent a fair amount of time sanding and rescribing the slight overlap in the seam created by the separate upper fuselage part.

13110301.jpg

I also got the engine painted and glued together. This was not a simple matter in that Tamiya's provision of the gearbox for the R-2800-57 engine did not include the rear bolting flange and ignition ring. I could not let this omission go so I cut the bolt flange and ignition ring off the other gearbox and glued it to the one I needed. Also the instructions call for the wrong magnetos for the M model so I used the round ones that were also supplied. The cylinders are painted with Alclad Steel.

13110302.jpg

If you know me, you'll know that the engine is not yet complete and that it will still receive the ignition wiring and visible cables and hoses.

Thanks guys. The fit on this Tamiya kit is quite good but the starboard wing needed a bit of persuasion to avoid a step between the wing and the fairing. After I glued the forward half if the wing, which was fine, I used this clamping arrangement to align the parts toward the back and ran some Tamiya Extra Thin into the joint. Life is good.....

13110401.jpg

Nice work Andy lad to see you back at it.

Thanks guys. Clamps are interesting in that they make you appreciate just how "handy" one's hands are. After holding a part in a way that makes the parts come together the way the should, it's often not easy to replicate the hold with a clamp. That's when I try to figure out ways to support the model the way my hands did and use a jig as in the above example.

No work done last night as I was in Nanton working on RS700.

I know exactly what you are saying about holding parts with your hands,and looking all over the house for something that will replicate what needs to be done to achieve the desired result. You really can come up with some really interesting things to use.
Thanks guys. Clamps are interesting in that they make you appreciate just how "handy" one's hands are. After holding a part in a way that makes the parts come together the way the should, it's often not easy to replicate the hold with a clamp. That's when I try to figure out ways to support the model the way my hands did and use a jig as in the above example.

No work done last night as I was in Nanton working on RS700.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back