**** DONE: 1/48 P-47M - Aircraft Nose Art GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

From your previous builds that I have looked at.I can see why you are a judge and not a player:)

Wow Andy that pit is nice and a nice gunsight always finishes it off right.;)

Awesome work Andy!

......and I do not, have anyone's keys!
sFun_whistle.gif

The cockpit tub, seat, belts, and sidewalls have all received their PE bits. The starboard wall got an oxygen hose made of guitar string (oddly, the new parts Tamiya provided for the M model left the hose off, whereas the D wall has it) and everything got a mild spray of Future to give the surfaces a semigloss finish and to reduce the gloss of the PE.

Crap, I never thought of guitar strings and I play guitar. Tried that idea with an acoustic steel string. Not a great idea. Grabbed a classical string this weekend and the music store's broken sets bin. Now, that works just fine. Thanks for the idea, Andy!

Dale

Peter, Dale, thanks for the feedback.

Actually, here's a question for the Thunderbolt experts. All profiles I've seen of the P-47 M show what I'll call a low tail fillet running along the top of the fuselage. The fillet is straight and meets the fuselage without changing direction. The N model had a taller fillet and started at the forward end with a rounded section. The profile of "Fireball" on page 1 shows this latter fillet, despite this being an M model. The picture that Paul (Mcdrow) posted shows what looks like this taller fillet in a bright aluminum colour, though it almost looks like a defect in the photo. I've seen no other pictures to support the presence of this later style fillet.

Does anyone know of instances of the M's having the N-style fillet? Any evidence of "Fireball" having this?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back