**** DONE: 1/48 P-61B Black Widow - Pacific Theatre of Operations II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You got a cold Vic?

Seems like!

b0227.gif

Mike, forgot to mention. If you need any photos of any particular area or just want to know what it looks like, let me know. I've got lots of photos stashed away and new ones coming up everyday.

NFN, do you have anything on the landing gear doors on the "B" version. According to the directions there are 3-doors. There are two outside doors, one of which closes and a small door which remains open around the wheel strut. The full-sized inner door closes like the outer door. Once in the air the two door open, wheel retracts into the well, and all three doors close. Landing...three open, gear comes down and two close? Seems clumsy
Finally managed to get everything lined up and then CAed the two boom halves together when my big, fat fingers knocked the wheel strut loose. Now its pry the boom halves apart or saw them or pry/saw the doors, open to get at the wheel strut mountings. Tried through the little door but no go. Then I'm going to have to get the doors closed again working from the outside with no way to grip the doors...@#$%-Crepe!!!

Here are a couple of pictures in my stash showing the landing gear doors for a C model, these were basically the same as the B model. I'll go through the rest of my stash to see what I have. The pictures are from a P-61 walk around.

Attachments

• P-61C_26_Main_gear.jpg
    P-61C_26_Main_gear.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 80
  • P-61C_27_Main_Gear.jpg
    P-61C_27_Main_Gear.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 99
  • P-61C_29_Main_Gear.jpg
    P-61C_29_Main_Gear.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 77
  • P-61C_32_Main_Gear.jpg
    P-61C_32_Main_Gear.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 86
  • P-61C_31_Main_Gear.jpg
    P-61C_31_Main_Gear.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 74
NFN, many thanks. It appears that the directions were indeed correct. 3 doors and 2 remain closed on landing. Could have saved a lot of work painting the wheel wells

NFN, Thanks for the pics. I went with 3 doors, two closed, small open for strut.
Well one step forward and two back. Damage repaired mostly, some touch up will still be required, booms attached, rear tail piece painted and together ready to install. Wing tanks painted and decals placed, bit of touch-up and their ready

Attachments

• IMG_0863R.jpg
    IMG_0863R.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0864R.jpg
    IMG_0864R.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0865R.jpg
    IMG_0865R.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0866R.jpg
    IMG_0866R.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 100
Thanks guys it's getting acceptable. Going on a weekend trip so nothing until Monday. Got tickets to see Hair on Sat at the university theater in Springfield, MO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back