**** DONE: 1/48 PBY-5A - Seaplanes / Floatplanes of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Wojtek. I took the tape off and did a trial run and it should be OK(read filler will be needed). I just went through Vic's awesome build and he had no mention of a fit problem so it may be a one off.

Geo

This is coming along nicely George and I seem to remember having a similar fit problem myself with the two fuselage halves, not so much on the hull but on the wing support part. I also had a very warped wing that needed internal metal struts and a lot of clamping, weighting and heating to fix.

Soemetimes ( you know what ) happens.

Yep, seems to happen to most of my build, though most of them are George inflicted.

I have a slight issue on the wing support as well but it's on the same side as the bottom mis-match which is odd.

Geo

Geo, see what you mean, that is quite a mis-match/warp. think you are right, glue in sections, or like Vic stated some heat and clamping to get the worst out before you even try to glue

Thanks for sharing my pain. Baby steps happening. I used the knife to pry the halves some what level and then added glue and tape. I can now get the halves to touch and will glue some more later. Hopefully it won't act like a mouse trap and pop open during future handling.

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread