**** DONE: 1/48 Polikarpov I-16 - Captured / Aircraft in Foreign Service GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Wojetk and Glenn.

Okay you ornithologists, polyrataaustraliana (not to be mistaken with the hippocroccus meanus hawkassus) has now got its plumage of a green head, neck and back with a nice fleck of yellow behind the neck, the breast is a stunning light blue with flecks of sky and the under-tail is dashed with a bright yellow. In flight you will notice the under wing has this lovely light blue and the wingtip feathers are splashed with a brilliant hue of yellow..............
lol-022.gif

So polyrataaustraliana has now had its plumage liquored down with a bit of Future ready for the addition of some more brilliant detail through the decals.

111130-1A.jpg

111130-1B.jpg

111130-1C.jpg

Last edited:
That is great paint work.

The rata is an ugly little cuss, but it does have a certain style doesn't it!

Thanks for the kind word gent's.

It's almost finished and must be one of the quickest builds I've ever done, just over 3 weeks.....unbelievable for a ditherer like me.

Here are a few shots of the almost finished Rata. Still have to add some nav lights which I almost forgot and the cockpit front screen.

111201-1B.jpg

111201-1A.jpg

111201-1C.jpg

111201-1D.jpg

111201-1E.jpg

111201-1F.jpg

Thought it would be interesting to group the Rata with a couple of more modern jet fighters and a comparison in size.

111201-1H.jpg

Attachments

• 111201-1G.jpg
    111201-1G.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back