**** DONE: 1/48 Polikarpov I-16 - Captured / Aircraft in Foreign Service GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Such wonderful little details, i would not even be able to see that stuff, much less build it!

Thanks for all those lovely comments folks.

It's been a hectic couple of days with the son-in law (prospective) and daughter. Several trips back and forth to the bush property and taking the girl into hospital for her op. All are home now and it's just a case of keeping an eye on them and helping feed them with my excellent home cooking.

Consequently progress on the Rata has been slow but I have made some. I decided that the front engine cowl could do with a little enhancement by drilling out the gun and air intake holes. I then moved onto the engine which though well hidden behind the cowl looked a little pathetic, so I cut out the surplus packing plastic and added a bit of colour.

111126-1A.jpg

111126-1B.jpg

As the aircraft was captured and just used for training, I've removed the pin holes for the bomb rack.

111126-1C.jpg

Today I managed between the odd country drive to get the wings on. They required a little filing and also in other parts, some filling. Hope to have something to post on this tomorrow.

Lot of fidddddley work there. But, I think this is your normal M.O. eh?
Anxious to see the next step!

My thanks for all the encouragement guys.

Well as you can see, it's a complete airframe that has been filled, filed and sanded where required. Maskol has been applied where needed ready for a seam test spray. Fingers crossed and this may get done tomorrow.

111127-1B.jpg

111127-1A.jpg

In the meantime I'm playing with the olios looking at wiring for hydraulics.

I'm also wondering what is the reason for the wire from the undercarriage housing to the centre of the wheel.

111127-1C.jpg

Any suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back