**** DONE: 1/48 Polikarpov I-16 - Captured / Aircraft in Foreign Service GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

What a dumbo, I posted the engine setback to the wrong thread..........
ashamed0001.gif

Anyway chaps, thanks for your concerns, strange none questioned?????????????????
sad0116.gif

Putting that aside, we did make a small start on this fellow today, I'd sort of run out of things to do on that other build. As mentioned earlier, I was thinking of removing the small drop down door and making a replacement so that it could be open. So I've cut the outline from the side of the fuselage and scratch built a small replacement.

111116-1A.jpg

111116-1B.jpg

Thanks for the kind words guy's, at least I got the right pics on the right build this time.

Again it's been a productive day as I filled in time between the Buffalo bashing.

I decided to take a leaf out of Wayne's book with this one and attach the tiddly bits, plastic and PE to the cockpit walls before giving it all a spray. I'm taking a punt that as this is a captured Russian aircraft, only the external colouring would have been changed by Rumania, so I've sprayed it a silver grey.

111117-1A.jpg

111117-1B.jpg

Next up we have the cockpit floor, complete with PE bits. Again the full base colour spray after construction, the fun will come with painting the fiddly bits.

111117-1C.jpg

Edit. I want to add a few little extras to the cockpit i.e. piping/cabling but have no idea of what or where. Anybody have any suggestions.

Last edited:
Ha, I hear yah about more than one build, and trying to keep the posting in order.......
keep on truckin mate, great start.

Thanks for the king words folks, much appreciated.

I've had a good day today, everything attempted seems to have gone well with the exception of the aerial on the front of the Buffalo, this snapped in half as I was attempting to clean it up. But no worries, I've just made up a brass replacement by flattening a bit of fine tube and filing it down, so now I'll be able to put a bit of tension on the wire.

Anyway, to the I-16, thought I'd try to make the cockpit look a bit more active, so have added a few wires and cables with knobs on.

111120-1D.jpg

111120-1C.jpg

In between times I had a go with the seating arrangements, I have to say this Eduard kit is a joy to work with.

111120-1B.jpg

111120-1A.jpg

Last up is the instrument panel and a few more knobs.

111120-1E.jpg

All in all I think it's a good couple of days work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back