**** DONE: 1/48 Walrus - Seaplanes / Floatplanes of WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This one looks nice..

Warlus K8557.jpg

I kinada like the camo version in the pic above in the museum George.I have so far got all the main pieces cleaned of flash and lightly sanded for fit purposes tomorrow onto the small bits.George I am thinking of using the #8 guitar wire for the rigging the same I thought for your antenna.Thanks for the input fellas.Cheers ;)

Thanks Aaron ;) I have some assemblies done guys just need a day off to sit and do some pics.This kit was full of sink holes and flash I think about 6 hours over three nights between sanding and filling only!!

hi kevin,

I've only ever had and I have a plane of smer, my conclusion is that I do not buy anything from this brand and I got this because a buddy gave it to me that if neither the fiat g55 which is what I present is something like plastic amorphous injected are wrong with leftover plastic everywhere and full of marks very very bad ejectors.

encourage the task you have ahead is tedious but I guess everything comes with patience.

hi kevin,

I've only ever had and I have a plane of smer, my conclusion is that I do not buy anything from this brand and I got this because a buddy gave it to me that if neither the fiat g55 which is what I present is something like plastic amorphous injected are wrong with leftover plastic everywhere and full of marks very very bad ejectors.

encourage the task you have ahead is tedious but I guess everything comes with patience.

Yes Sir Ree! :) I think Smer can be X'ed off the list from this point forward in regards to future purchases.

Not much to show but something.I have the pit glued and painted some but am going to respray interior brit green can't but the the green zinc chromate myself ATTM.I have all the wings gluealong with the engine nacelle just some more sanding on the nacelle.What I am showing on the wings is the anchor points for the rigging,the brass rod is soft .020 o/s diameter with .010 i/s diameter fitting into a .025 drill hole in the wing.The wire you see is a test piece of #8 guitar wire which measures out @ .006 for the .010 hole.The fittings on the lower wing have a material formed around them and I am thinking carpenters glue might be thick enough to play with?The upper wings remain bear and look like turnbuckles.

4ad1d096-a738-4039-8024-c973d1d6d82e.jpg

fa9ec430-5f82-41cc-bbb8-da9086160a4a.jpg

Well I am about to button up the fuselage here before tonight is over.I just could not live with the control stick and IP supplied in the kit.I made a new IP out of the old one sanding it smooth and punching out some card stock with my Waldron Punch kit and adding some dials from Waldron along with two toggle switches L/S IP...The compass was an add-on also from waldron I converted a US gunsigt into the platform and did a #1 and #2 punch for the bottom of the compass.

fa0358fd-0d40-4cb5-a81c-80efb0c0f398.jpg

The control stick is just the handle I guess from a P-38 and the shaft is a part of a 5' rocket tube for a Typhoon I needed a square box at the top of the shaft for the handle to lay up against.

33fc0f14-4c1e-4a42-9d26-c807860987a9.jpg

I have got the wings done but tried to take pics of the eyebolts on the upper wings it was just to fuzzy will try later and show where the carpenters glue went Mike. ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back