**** DONE: 1/72 Lancaster Mk.III - Heavy Hitters II GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well here goes..... my first mod, or semi scratch.
I cut the back section off the nacelle that is attached to the flap. Call me craaaaazym cuz nobody is gonna see it. The gap is very small, even less defined than the recessed line in the original part. When the flap is lowered this part goes inside the nacelle. I guess I do it because I have too much time on my hands.

Attachments

• 18 Lanc 3a.jpg
    18 Lanc 3a.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 94
  • 18 Lanc 3b.jpg
    18 Lanc 3b.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 92
Just looking at the way the undercarriage bays have been moulded Bill, Hasegawa have them 'blanked off', without the internal wing structure showing. In this case, paint the entire interior black, as opposed to my description in your questions thread.

Terry, I was toying with applying some styrene to the sides for the ribbing in the wells. Another case of poor planning and not taking a close look at Everything before slapping on glue.... had I done that, I would have cut the walls out and replaced them before gluing the wings up.

Another Doh! moment.

No need Bill - the area I mentioned as being the cockpit grey green is well above the wheel wells, in the wing structure itself, and partly hidden by the sides of the wheel bays. With the gear legs and wheels in place, and the doors in the open position, the only way this area can be seen, and then only just, is by turning the model over, shining a pencil torch into the wells, and craining your head at an impossible angle! So overall black will be fine.
Of course, if you really want to go mad, you could add the fire extinguisher plumbing, and the socket and wiring in one wheel bay for the 'Trolley Ac' starter trolley - but again, this would be absolutely impossible to see. Even on the real thing, some contortions, including standing on the top of the wheel, are required in order to reach the 'Trolley Ac' socket!

There are two rivets you forgot Bill...:lol:

I might make it out to Nanton next weekend and if so, I'll crawl up into a wheel well for you and snap some pics.

Nicely done Mr. Hatter!
Have you checked that there will be clearance for the landing gear diagonal struts and retraction jacks? Just a thought.

Nicely done Mr. Hatter!
Have you checked that there will be clearance for the landing gear diagonal struts and retraction jacks? Just a thought.

There's always One in here, isn't there!
This is the Non-retracting version. ;)

Last edited:
There are two rivets you forgot Bill...:lol:
I might make it out to Nanton next weekend and if so, I'll crawl up into a wheel well for you and snap some pics.

If you do, rather than the well, I'm not That much of a looney.......

Would you take photos of the inboard and outboard sides of the trim tabs on both rudders. I have a feeling the kit tab actuators are bass ackwards. What I am trying clear up is the port sides of the trim tabs. Seams there is the actuator rod below, and a counter weight above the rod. What do these really look like. I can't find a real definitive picture.

Thanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back