**** DONE: 1/72 Lancaster Mk.III - Heavy Hitters II GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

One high and one low eh? I'll take a look and see if I can modify that.

I got the glycol tank in as a step.

The photo below, is this the shot camera? Port side, in front of the BB doors????

These are the times I wish it was 48th scale.
Many thanks.

***and then there were two bars!

Attachments

• 18 Lanc 10.jpg
    18 Lanc 10.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 71
  • 18 Lanc 11.jpg
    18 Lanc 11.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Thanks guys.

The camera port will go in tomorrow then, I'm reviewing pictures and making a list!

Today Ive got the engine nacels on, leading edges cleaned up, propellers together and ready for paint, gun barrels attached and assemblies painted black, all the glass ready to go together.

One forgiving thing is all the turrets just drop in, none are trapped by the fuselage so it can be painted and not have to worry about protecting them from paint.

I'll paint wings before I attach them for ease of access to the fuselage and handling. A lot of progress and a couple of pics tomorrow.

You're doing a great job there Bill. Let me know if there are any more pictures you need. The Nanton Lancaster received its refurbished number two propeller and it has been installed. If all goes to plan, I'll see three engine run-ups next Saturday. The number 1 Merlin is ready to be put back into place and hopefully the prop will be back before the end of the summer.

Thanks guys. Just can't help myself Vic, you were right!

Been trying to spray the yellow for the prop tips, too bl00dy cold here, it's running everywhere. Will have to spray black forst and brush the yellow on.Shaped the shell chutes for the rear turret. Removed flashing in the gas struts for the bomb bay doors. Stuff!

Been pickin at it...... a few pictures!
The tail wheel is a mystery. There is nothing to fill the gap between the flanges, and nothing indicates cutting them off...... so whot the?

Drilled a hole and filled it with clear, don't know if it is worth the time, "who's gonna see it"

Fuselage is together. I sure get the beeby jeebies when I stick the halves together, I just know I have forgotten sumpin!

Cut the ends off the bay doors, they just looked too thick. Filed the concave down first, trimmed off .5mm for the flat sheet. "who's gonna see it"

The little square thingies are the shell chutes for the rear turret, I failed them out since they were just ugly blocks.

The engine nacels have kind of a dodgey fit at the wing, all ofem, so fillin and sandin.

Props painted black, now for the yeller tips.

I sailor on.

Attachments

• 18 Lanc 12f.jpg
    18 Lanc 12f.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 18 Lanc 12e.jpg
    18 Lanc 12e.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 18 Lanc 12j.jpg
    18 Lanc 12j.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 74
  • 18 Lanc 12i.jpg
    18 Lanc 12i.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 62
  • 18 Lanc 12a.jpg
    18 Lanc 12a.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 18 Lanc 12g.jpg
    18 Lanc 12g.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 18 Lanc 12h.jpg
    18 Lanc 12h.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 64
  • 18 Lanc 12d.jpg
    18 Lanc 12d.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 67
  • 18 Lanc 12c.jpg
    18 Lanc 12c.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 70
  • 18 Lanc 12b.jpg
    18 Lanc 12b.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 72
Good stuff so far Bill. And yes, the tail wheel tyre had the central groove - it was known as an 'anti-shimmy' tyre and, as the name suggests, it was designed to prevent, or at least minimise, shimmy of the tail wheel, especially on take off.

Well I'll be buggerd! Anti-shimmy. Some little kids could do with one-o-them tail wheels!

Thanks for the well documented info on that strange looking tire Karl.
Thanks again Terry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back