**** DONE: 1/72 Supermarine Seagull V - Heavy Hitters II GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

At this scale, it's pretty darned difficult to get the same detail as 1/32nd mate.
In the end, the detail of the seats will be fine.

This will be a nice addition to the shelf!

Good work so far Michael, and that part on the lower cowling looks, in the drawing, to be the carb intake, so yes, the same (external) colour as the cowling.

I had an enjoyable an productive evening working on the interior , putting in the crew seats and ataching the PE harness. it went pretty well, except I think i might have put the rear harness in backwards....too late now, and I think it still looks pretty good.

For limited run model, this kit is really nice. Its a difficult build for a novice, so much detail and theres a fair bit of flash and general clean up to do. But it goes together pretty nicely. One little detail I really like is that valom give you extra harness, I presume in case one gets stuffed up. it works well in my opinion...

Attachments

• 102_2571.jpg
    102_2571.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Here are a couple of shots that show what i did over the weekend. im gnerally fairly happy, but my photography is attrocious and Ive now found some additional information regarding the interior fitout of the seagull, which I will post in a few minutes. Basically the IP is missing the compass and i now have a few details on the the equipment in the CPs like the radio and a black box which I dont even have any detail of

I also have a short utube clip that shows some really useful detail on the aircraft like the gunnery weather covers and how the roof top hatch opens. It appears to be hinged, opening backwards towars the engine, folding all the way back to to the cabin roof

Anyway here are the progress shots

Attachments

• 102_2573.jpg
    102_2573.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 101
  • 102_2578.jpg
    102_2578.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 95
  • 102_2581.jpg
    102_2581.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 94
  • 102_2584.jpg
    102_2584.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 96
Tonite I fabricated a pilots compass for the IP, and the two black boxes for the two Cps that were in the attached articles. I havent joined the two fuselage halves by the inner bits are pretty much done. i want to get some decent shot of the interior before I zip it up as most of what Ive done will not be visible.

The interior was quite a challenge, but Im happy with what ive done. Main thing was patience....work slowly and carefully.

But whilst the inside was hard, it is not the hardest thing about this model. they are still coming. The wings have to be fitted and the wires strung. Ive never rigged a biplane before, so it might be difficult. The engoiine assembly needs to be mounted on the lower wingand wires rigged for that as well. all the reviews say that is a b*gger of a job and it looks it

The one I am really scratching my head are the gun rings located in the firing positions. There are PE parts involved with a turret ring, and attached to that, a gun emplacement. You guessed it, both these parts are made of PE metal. I have to coil the PE flat strip around a concave circle. I dont see that is going to work well, but I some ideas

I will post some progress shots tomorrow if the light is good enough....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back