**** DONE: Bf 109 "white 12" (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Will I am hoping so Wojtek from what Wayne through out back on pg1 with the 23kills on the rudder and the gruppe bar on the fuse that was present upon arrival in Africa.Now is the second profile incorrect on the spinner or did Muncheberg get another plane E7 before his trip to Africa??

PS: If it does not qualify can a mod move it over to the start to finish builds?I have another kit on the shelf as mentioned to Wayne a couple of responses back I might could crank out I will just have to get some decals plus I found my seatbelts and some resin rudder,alerions,wheels and some tailplanes tonight in the stash I had forgotten about.Cheers

Last edited:
Kev, for this bird to qualify for the BoB reduce to 20 Victories, use E-4 Spinner, a lighter mottle on the fuselage, add a bit more yellow to rudder so only the area for 20 victories is in the blue...OR simply run with the it as is and make it White 12 + I for after BoB and break out the other109....?

Got some more to Add so you can make your choice, will provide details and some profiles tomorrow night...can you wait that long?

Got some more to Add so you can make your choice, will provide details and some profiles tomorrow night...can you wait that long?

Can I wait that long :-k hhmmmmnnn I don't no I have been on a roll of late :D sure! but this might go the way of the E7 since the mottling came out so well.But I will wait and see what else you have Wayne.Cheers

And Vic I did not mention but for those who may not think of it when you do the wings you spray parallel to the shading then just cover it.

got a pic of her on own legs with just the most basic decals applied.

Attachments

• BOB 036_edited (600 x 450).jpg
    BOB 036_edited (600 x 450).jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 115
Certainly looks like a good 'un ! Nice job so far Kevin. I reckon keep it like that and add the 'White 1' markings, and say it's the late BoB period, as it looks about right for the 'mid period' of the mottling.

We'll see Terry for I want to stay with'in the parameters of the GB.Wayne I hope will add some more info tomorrow(I am not a research guy) .I took pics tonight of the another Tamy kit unstarted if need be I am really liking the camo on this build and if appropiate pull it from comp. but still build along the side of others like yourself for fun for is this not what it's all about :D.Anyone read MAI this month GAWD some nice write ups!!I see a Tamy 1/32 on the horizon " I have a very nice sweet lovable Black Lab (old does not run as much) for sale $120".Then they had a write up on the G-10 Trump kit awesome they are the premeiner mag right now.Cheers

It'll probably be OK for the GB I would think, but I haven't had time to check the details of his aircraft - too many other questions to answer and things to do !
I agree, as modelling mags go, MAI is not bad. I usually get it if there's something of interest in it, but haven't seen the latest issue yet.

As Terry said it CAN be a late BoB aircraft....but it must be White 1 with the Vertical Gruppe bar and not white 12.
Ok the extra info...

The first profile is of Muncheberg's 109E-4 White 1 in August 1940 with the high demarcation camo and no mottle applied, it is apparently taken from a low quality photo.

The second profile is White 2 from 7/JG26 in September 1940, showing the next progression of camo with the addition of mottling on the fuselage sides with what mainly appears to be RLM 02. along with a pic of the aircraft. Anew White 2 would be flown by future experten Klaus Mietusch.

Further progression would be a heavier mottling of 02 and or RLM 71 Dark Green.The aircraft you are modelling would be the result of the 'extra' camo late in the BoB and carried into 1941.

It is probable that the same White 1 continued to be used for a period with camo and marking changes, the rudder for example clearly showing the Light blue area painted with the victory bars now spread out further as per the photo posted earlier, whether they are Red or black is the issue? look Black??

White 1 (Muncheberg) and White 2 (Mietusch) would later be exchanged for New E-7's White 12 and 13 respectively in Sicily.

Attachments

• JG26_Bf109E-4_1667a.JPG
    JG26_Bf109E-4_1667a.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 107
  • JG 26_White 2_1670a.JPG
    JG 26_White 2_1670a.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 97
  • JG 26_White 2_1669.JPG
    JG 26_White 2_1669.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Nice info Wayne, and exactly what I was suggesting. Note the change of size of the Balkenkreuz from the first profile, where the early cross was still in place. Also, the Staffel mused the smaller numerals.
The earlier, smaller cross was alihned with its leading edge against Frame 4, whereas the larger crosses were moved back slighlty to keep the symmetry for the other markings.

Thks Glenn and Terry ;) and to you little boy Wayne a big hug :love3: :D.Look I thought this was interesting from MAI when I was reading last night they are putting up decals for one's "PERSONAL USE" but they have some nice examples in there.In issue 61 they have some beautiful MKIV Mustangs and my head started going back to the Trump 1/24 I had started detailng out the engine.Now the MKIV's have not hit the web yet but thought you guys might want to take a peek at the others.Cheers

decalarchive - rjcaviationart

They've had some good decal sheets for home printing in that mag over the last couple of years. I keep forgetting I've got some downloaded !

Well she is 90% done doing the exhaust stains and FRUBAR occurred aarrggghhh.So I just stopped put down the gun and grab the M1 :D but really I just stopped.I have been debating on getting a new airbrush and the time is fast approaching.I also need a new fine needle and tip for my 175 Badger Cresendo
The mistake is fixable just a bit aggravating as one tries to keep things to perfection at this leg of the game.Frubar.Pics..

Attachments

• BOB 064_edited (800 x 448).jpg
    BOB 064_edited (800 x 448).jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 72
  • BOB 065_edited (800 x 776).jpg
    BOB 065_edited (800 x 776).jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 97
  • BOB 066_edited (800 x 318).jpg
    BOB 066_edited (800 x 318).jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 93
  • BOB 068_edited (800 x 567).jpg
    BOB 068_edited (800 x 567).jpg