**** DONE: Bf109E-4 White 7 Oblt. Hans Ohly StaffelKapitan 1/JG53 BoB Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Guys...

buttoned up the fuselage and applied the panel lines to the top and bottom of the fuselage....as per the real deal and not normally seen on most aircraft pics or models...but they were there none the less! Have made the panel lines the same as the fuselage lines for consistency.

Attachments

• 21_Fuselage closed up_1973.JPG
    21_Fuselage closed up_1973.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 91
  • 22_Fuselage Closed up_1976.JPG
    22_Fuselage Closed up_1976.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 89
  • 23_Fuselage top seam_1977.JPG
    23_Fuselage top seam_1977.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 97
  • 24_Fuselage lower seam_1978.JPG
    24_Fuselage lower seam_1978.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 88
Nice work mate. I just had to convince a mate that there was a central joint, after he was looking at my 32nd scale '109. I just wish that Will hadn't put the fuel filler on a curve !!

Looks great Wayne. Still usign the wife's sewing needle? How do you get the line straight? If I try to use a straight edge, it always moves on me.

In this case...real simple Andy...scalpel blade and a very light careful scraping at about a 45-60 degree angle along each fuselage half prior to glueing together! Works real good...nice and straight too!!:D Tamiya extra thin actually smooths out the scaping, then I later run one of my fine saws along the line just to tidy it up.

....and the straight edge moving......been there done that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back