**** DONE: Bf109E-4 White 7 Oblt. Hans Ohly StaffelKapitan 1/JG53 BoB Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Those PE grills looks so much better than the kit provided parts.

Er...not PE grills Jason...just the good old kit parts nicely touched up with paint and silver pencil!:D

Thanks for your comments Guys!

Now started on the instrument panel area, removed the raised detail, removed the lower section of the panel and fitted the first section of the PE instrument panel.

Attachments

• 8_Instrument Panel_1701.JPG
    8_Instrument Panel_1701.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 96
  • 9_Instrument Panel_1707.JPG
    9_Instrument Panel_1707.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 98
  • 10_Instrument Panel_1715.JPG
    10_Instrument Panel_1715.JPG
    16.6 KB · Views: 95
bit more of the etch panel attached...

Attachments

• 11_Instrument Panel_1722.JPG
    11_Instrument Panel_1722.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 92
  • 12_Instrument Panel_1727.JPG
    12_Instrument Panel_1727.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 94
  • 13_Instrument Panel_1823.JPG
    13_Instrument Panel_1823.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 87
Looking very good there Wayne. I notice the small ETC switch panel is fitted to the bottom of the engine instruments panel. Are you sure this was fitted at this period?
It's normally only fitted to those aircraft fitted for bombs, such as the E4/B and E7 (the latter as standard), and had the switches and circuits for the bomb selector/arming, and drop tank.
I'd have to check to be certain, but as far as I remember, the first use of '109s for bomb carrying was not until mid to late October, with E4/Bs, and certainly JG53 were employed in this role, with, eventually, a fourth Staffel being formed, I think for each Gruppe, as a Schlagtstaffel, and then these formed into a fourth (schlagt) Gruppe.

:oops: Terry is right...I put the b@stard in place without thinking, as it was laid out in the instructions in my haste to push on....then I thought about it..... new something was not right...didn't see it at first it and realised my error...once I reviewed the Aero Detail book on the 109..Idiot!:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back