**** DONE: Bf109E4 'White 6' I/JG3 BoB Group Build.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sure your doing a dio? These sheep aren't that pricey!

Attachments

• 350__1_772102-3.jpg.png
    350__1_772102-3.jpg.png
    39.1 KB · Views: 120
He He ! I can actually get sheep which would do, even though the scale is a bit off. But I already have one belly-landed '109, so this one's going to be intact !

I hope to make a start on this one at least, in the next day or two. I've decided that I probably won't use any after market resin bits, but might scratch-build some of the cockpit fittings, and 'donate' the relevant kit parts to the Hasegawa kit. I'll see how things pan out.
Meanwhile, here's the story behind Heinz Schnabel and his amazing escape attempt - hope you enjoy it !

Attachments

• Microsoft Word - The One who.pdf
    340.6 KB · Views: 1,067
I've finally been able to get started on this build !
The engine has been assembled, and some basic detailing added in the way of wiring, electrical fittings and pipework.
Next step is to paint the main features, then fit the engine bearers, before continuing with the remainder of the wiring, and connecting those left 'hanging'.
The pics show the before and after results, along with the sometimes irritating multiple coloured plastic parts !
Although the model will be finished with the cowlings in place, I hope to be able to fit them in such a way that they can be removed if required, to view the innards.
Hopefully, I'll have pics of the next stage soon.

Attachments

• BoB Build 2 002.jpg
    BoB Build 2 002.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 91
  • BoB Build 2 003.jpg
    BoB Build 2 003.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 106
  • BoB Build 2 007.jpg
    BoB Build 2 007.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 112
  • BoB Build 2 008.jpg
    BoB Build 2 008.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 119
Will be keeping a close eye on this one Terry as I also have this kit and would like to do it for this GB, but first I will have to sort out some space to display my completed kits to make room on the workbench.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back