**** DONE: Bf109E4 'White 6' I/JG3 BoB Group Build. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks very much indeed, Wojtek, Karl and Andy my friends. I had intended getting the second stage of painting done tonight, but got....er ....'waylaid', on what should have been a quick visit to the pub. One of those darned Judies ..er.. sort of got my attention ! (and she's in to aviation !)
B*gg*er - I should remember that quote from Balloo the Bear !!

Ah! But that's the problem! I'm seeing her on Wednesday, and then dinner next weekend, and then..... Oh! B*ll*cks!!
Want's me to meet her Dad, who was in the RAF, and then Civil Aviation...
I am NOT getting involved, I am NOT getting involved, I am ....Oh! Sh*t !!
Where's the Swettish Muppet when you need him ?!!

brilliant Terry, a braver man than I with the hand painting mate..:thumbright:
You said it Wayne! Beautiful hand work Terry :thumbright:

Ah! But that's the problem! I'm seeing her on Wednesday, and then dinner next weekend, and then..... Oh! B*ll*cks!!
Want's me to meet her Dad, who was in the RAF, and then Civil Aviation...
I am NOT getting involved, I am NOT getting involved, I am ....Oh! Sh*t !!

I knew going to that pub would get you in trouble Terry! Next thing you know you'll be building your models out in a cold unheated back porch like me!

Thanks Dan. It's working, but a lot more difficult (and painful!) than it used to be!
Thanks Glenn and Wayne. Hmm - move into the shed to paint etc? Maybe she can take a hike !

Better keep an eye on that camo, I can envisage stars and hearts suddenly appearing..............

Impressive work Terry. The paint you've achieved without an airbrush is amazing.

Thanks Jay - I was brought up using a brush, so no big deal. It just isn't as good these days, due to the RA.
Anyway, the 'White 6' and the Tatzelwurm have now been painted, along with a couple of other small markings, and most of the decals are in place. I just need to add a couple more home-made stencil decals, then give the model a sealing gloss clear coat, before moving on to the semi-matt clear coat and final construction details etc.
I hope to have some pics up over the weekend, other work load permitting !

The decals and hand-painted markings are now all complete, and the model has had a clear gloss coat, followed by a clear semi-matt finishing coat.
I broke one of my Cardinal rules, and trusted a profile, rather than check a detail in one of the photos of Schnabel's kite, and dropped a right b*ll*ck as a result!
The 'White 6' on the port side has the fuel triangle overlapping its top edge, off centre to the rear. It was only when I came to place the fuel triangle decal that I noticed the '6' was too low - only by a couple of millimetres, granted, but noticeable!
I then checked the photo, and sure enough, the 'Jagdwaffe' book profile is slightly wrong, showing the '6' lower than it actually was, and the fuel triangle centrally placed.
Ah, well! Too bl**dy late now! At least I used the photos for the mottle pattern !
The pics show how the model looks so far, with the windscreen and rear glazing yet to be cleaned of adhesive residue from the masks.
The rudder has had the control horns made and fitted, along with the fixed 'tin plate' trim tab, and slots have been cut into the rear fuselage for the control cables, yet to be fitted. Note the rudder is only temporarily fitted in the pics, and will have the navigation lamp made and fitted later.
So, it's now into the final stages, with the remainder of the construction and some minor scratch-building to complete. The engine and guns etc still need some work, but this can be finished later, after the GB.
Thanks again for your interest and comments.

Attachments

• BoB Build 2 221.jpg
    BoB Build 2 221.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 85
  • BoB Build 2 222.jpg
    BoB Build 2 222.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 83
  • BoB Build 2 225.jpg
    BoB Build 2 225.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 86
  • BoB Build 2 228.jpg
    BoB Build 2 228.jpg