**** DONE: Bf109E4 'White 6' I/JG3 BoB Group Build.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

She looks beautiful Terry! Just been catching up after being under the weather and saw the paint discussion a couple of days ago. I just read in Scale Aviation Modeller that the Testors Model Master Paint range is going to be available in the UK through an importer called Creative Models. I swear by Model Master enamels, they spray and brush wonderfully and have a huge range of colors. I tried the acrylic years ago when it first came out and wasn't happy with it but have heard that it is much better now although I haven't tried it again myself.

Thanks Glenn. I'll keep my eyes open for the MM paints, but the main thing is trying to get Iris, at my local shop, to stock an alternative to Humbrol, so that i have a convenient, local supply. She has those and Tamiya, and is willing to stock others - if there isn't a catch by having to buy huge amounts in one go, and take the massive display rack some wholesalers insist on. She's limited for room, but might bin Humbrol if she gets the right deal. I've told her about White Ensign, which have excellent reviews (sounds like what Humbrol used to be!), and she's looking into it.
There are alternatives by mail order, but that's not the best way to get paints, especially when you need just one tin, in a hurry !

Thanks guys. Got caught in torrential rain late evening, trying to change a wheel, which I couldn't manage. Hands froze, I got soaked to the skin, literally, and now feel like sh*t ! Probably be OK tomorrow - I hope !

Think I misread Andy's post - can't see properly now. It did read two BOTTLES of single malt, didn't it ?!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back