Done : Bf109G-6 Yellow 9 of JG54 Gruppe Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

OK Dan, I understand. You've then cut off the 'standard' tail, and added the tall 'wooden' tail, making it a late G6 or G14. No probs, I think I've got schemes that will fit both, including the ones from JG300 that were with the decals for my 1/32nd scale Gustav. I'll dig out what I can find, and post sometime tomorrow. BTW, the JG300 decals are available in 1/48th, but let's see what I've got that might match.

Hey Dan, here's a G-6 tall tail option from JG300....that I gave to Terry for his 1/32 build before he settled on Yellow 13....more to come!

profile credit: JG 300 Vol 1 Eagle Editions.....now you should check your Vol 1 book for the pics and profile and consider it, not a bad one to try with your new brush?

Attachments

• Bf109G-6_Hptm Gerhard Stamp_JG 300aa.JPG
    Bf109G-6_Hptm Gerhard Stamp_JG 300aa.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 107
All is possible Dan.Look at these drawings please.

Attachments

• G-6.jpg
    G-6.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 86
  • G-6_.jpg
    G-6_.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 81
  • G-14.jpg
    G-14.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 88
No problem Dan. That's one of the profiles I was going to suggest, the other being 'Yellow 13', which I did on my Gustav. Both are late G6's, and my kit was a G14 - the differences can't be noticed externally. I think I might have some spare Winkel decals that would match; if not, the decal sheet is available in 1/48th from Eagle Cals.
If you were able to put the original tail back on, there's also a JG300 bird, with 'Erla' hood, 'Red 8', in bare metal (!), with white wing tips and spiral spinner.

These tabs aren't any problem.You can always sand them off.
It seems that the wooden tall fin and rudder was used with G-6/AS machines mostly.But I have found the profile.

Attachments

• G-6_1.jpg
    G-6_1.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 83
I have notice one more problem.Upper surfaces of wings.These for G-14 had big bulges for main landning gears.Those of G-6s rather no.So if in the kit these are with big long bulges there can be a problem.

The kit will have the small bulges, remove the rudder tabs and you are on the right track.

the larger wing bulges would have mostly been on the machines with the different broader cowl arrangement, that is, the AS aircraft.

These are G14, G-14 Late, G-6AS and a G-10....

Attachments

• G14_AS_top.jpg
    G14_AS_top.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 75
  • G14_AS_top late.jpg
    G14_AS_top late.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 64
  • G6_AS_top.jpg
    G6_AS_top.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 85
  • g10_top_130000.jpg
    g10_top_130000.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 75
So if there are these small bulges on wings there is no problem.
And an additional profile I found.

Attachments

• G-6_2.jpg
    G-6_2.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 160

Users who are viewing this thread

Back