**** DONE: Fw190A-5 USAAF 325FG - Captured / Aircraft in Foreign Service GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Did you have any troubles with uploading images? If you did and you use Mozilla Firefox net browser you should reset the browser cache. Go to Tools menu and choose "Options". Then "Advanced" option and "Network" card. Hit the "Clear Now" button next to the line with info on how much of disk space the cache occupying. Finally click OK button.

BTW ... Nice job so far Bill.

Last edited:
Love this subject. I'm thinking of doing the Red 190...
If you do..... let me know cuz I have the decal sheet

T, not to worry.... it's just because it's the first time I've tried aging... and I'm a little afraid I'm gonna over do it.

Wurger, that worked a treat.... thanks.

Been letting work get in the way of building....... dang!

I now have the wings together. Holes for the guns and the pitot tube.

I have glued a thin thin strip to the fuselage at the wing root, the gap is so small.

Coming along I think.

Attachments

• 10a wing shims.jpg
    10a wing shims.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 74
  • 10b wings.jpg
    10b wings.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 67
Took a screen shot of one of the Youtube clips. Was wondering how I could cover a Big hole for installing the guns in the wings After painting. You think this little cover will solve the issue???

Attachments

• new-8.jpg
    new-8.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 74
Thanks Vic.
I've got the cockpit in and the wings on now. Dry fit for the motor and gun shroud and canopy parts. So far all the fiddeling has paid of, the fits are great. Just a little "bondo" in the front at the wing roots, no bigge.

I clipped part of the tail wheel socket before attaching the side of the fuselage together. This is so I can install the tail wheel After painting, I hat having to mask these things when painting.The picture of the tail wheel in place was dry fit with the sides held together.

So far all is well. Sigh of relief. I get pretty tense when all this gets gluerd together. Always thinking I am forgetting something.

Attachments

• 11a tail wheel socket.jpg
    11a tail wheel socket.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 81
  • 11b sckt assy.jpg
    11b sckt assy.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 73
  • 11c tail wheel.jpg
    11c tail wheel.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 11d wings on.jpg
    11d wings on.jpg