*** DONE Italeri 1/48th scale Boston IIIA Group Build.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nah! Got to get it done so I can do the Mitchell, Ventura and Lanc! Talking of Mitchells, get your's on the go again, I've almost finished painting the decals!!

Strange - I entered a post with pics, and the screen went blank and stayed that way! Only thing I could do was disconnect and come back to try again, so here we go (I hope!).
After a setback trying to apply Humbrol gloss varnish, I finally got the model clear coated with Johnson's Klear (Future), and the decals have been applied. The national markings and wing walk lines etc are from the kit's decal sheet, whilst the two sets of black serial numbers, American and British, were made up from individual letters and numbers from a 1/48th scale 'Tally Ho' sheet. The Dull Red code letters, RH-F, came from a Modeldecal 1/72nd scale '48 Inch Code Letters' set, which are ideal for the smaller letters used on the Boston, Ventura and Mitchell, and can also be used when I build the 1/72nd scale Lancaster.
A small amount of Micro Sol was used to help settle the decals on the wings and, once set, the model will be cleaned, given another gloss coat to even things up, and then given the first matt clear coat, ready for some very light weathering, as this was a new aircraft, and some restrained panel line work here and there. Once that's done, it's back to building, as there is still quite a lot to do before converting some figures, scratch-building a starter trolley, and making the base.
The pics show the model now that it has its identity, and I hope to post some more pics soon.
Nope! Just geting a blank screen when I click the 'Go Advanced' button, so I'll try posting the pics tomorrow.

I'll have another go first!
Ah Ha! It's taken over thirty minutes to complete this, but at least it looks like the pics should be there this time. Don't know what was happening there - never seen the screen go blank and be unable to go anywhere except disconnect!

Attachments

• Bombers Build 127.jpg
    Bombers Build 127.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 75
  • Bombers Build 129.jpg
    Bombers Build 129.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 95
  • Bombers Build 131.jpg
    Bombers Build 131.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 80
  • Bombers Build 133.jpg
    Bombers Build 133.jpg