**** DONE: 1/72 Amiot 143, 3rd Escadrille - Heavies Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I wonder if the Armee d' L'Air ever thought of using the wings of the Amiot as an airfiled? They look long enough and flat enough to launch a fighter off!!

I'm sure I've seen a pic somewhere that had three fighters on the upper wing experimenting with the idea of an airborne launch.

A mammoth machine VB and fantastic build.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Alright David vacation is over anything else happening here??I want to see this girl with some insignia on here :) Cheers Kevin

Was able to take a break from working today to make some progress. It's a balmy 28F/-2C outside today which I discovered is not the best environment for airbrushing for the paint, tape, or painter!

1 - Landing gear attached

2 - Decals started to shatter while I was cutting them from the sheet. Searched for replacements with no luck so it was time to get innovative.

3 - Taking blue painters tape, I traced the paper backing of the decals.

4 - After-wards I took a small metal ruler and using a razor knife cut out the letters/numbers.

5 - Next was positioning of the template.

6 - Paint, dry, and remove. Had to do a small touch up. The tape was not sticking very well since it was so cold outside. Not sure if I want to attempt painting the roundels yet.

Attachments

• Am 143 - landing gear.JPG
    Am 143 - landing gear.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 171
  • Am 143 - decal.JPG
    Am 143 - decal.JPG
    12.1 KB · Views: 135
  • Am 143 - Temp1.JPG
    Am 143 - Temp1.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 133
  • Am 143 - Temp2.JPG
    Am 143 - Temp2.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 135
  • Am 143 - Temp3.JPG
    Am 143 - Temp3.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 135
  • Am 143 - bottom letters.JPG
    Am 143 - bottom letters.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 143
She's looking great VB, bit of a shame about the decals, which reminds me I should paint mine with a decal wash before using as I've had the kit so long.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Nice work mate. I don't think there'd be a camouflage problem with white numbers on black wings - the thing looks like a flying barn door anyway, so plenty of size to show up in the gunner's sights!
Let me know what diameter the French roundels are, I possibly have some suitable you can have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back