Done : JV44 Fw190D-9 "Red1" of Heinz Sachsenberg Gruppe Build....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm with all here Dan. An excellent idea and a great base for your Dora.:thumbleft:

Thanks Wayne, how do these look now???? Still got some tweaking to do, as well as pushin the stumps down all the way, after the surface dries out some more.....

Attachments

• basedone 001.jpg
    basedone 001.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 76
  • basedone 003.jpg
    basedone 003.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 66
  • basedone 005.jpg
    basedone 005.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 71
  • basedone 009.jpg
    basedone 009.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 71
Looks great Dan! However the grass is a little perfect, especially if some clearing work has been done. You could create some muddy tracks or over turned earth around the stumps where activity would have been during the removal of the trees. Also some light tracks from vehicles and the bird itself would help.

Thanks man, I made some tracks from the gear using sand to show worn grass, as well as the area leading up to the step on the port side....

Also added some lighter colored "sawdust" around the stumps... I will be tweakin it some more, so I will take ur ideas there....

OK, messed around, got creative and this is it.... Not gonna go crazy with this, as the model is the focal point, and I dont want to fu*k up what I got so far....

Maybe mud and crazy sh!t on the next one.....

Attachments

• basedonenew 017a.jpg
    basedonenew 017a.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 72
  • basedonenew 008.jpg
    basedonenew 008.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 48
  • basedonenew 006b.jpg
    basedonenew 006b.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 64
  • basedonenew 006a.jpg
    basedonenew 006a.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 49
  • basedonenew 001c.jpg
    basedonenew 001c.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 66
  • basedonenew 019a.jpg
    basedonenew 019a.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 64
Looks great Dan, and I agree about not going overboard at this stage.
The only thing I would do IF possible, is to add a couple of 'bare' batches here and there. If that's grass 'mat', this can be done simply - just dampen the area required, and scrape off the 'grass' - keep the scrapings. Add a little sawdust around the base of the stumps, to blend them in a bit and look like the aftermath of felling, then add the saved 'grass'. The bare patches can be painted a sandy colour, with a little sawdust added to the wet paint, for texture. Only takes a fewe minutes, and will bring it alive. Otherwise, great job mate!

I understand - no problem. You could use your new Heckler Koch to spray a few different shades though? If not, it looks great as it is. BTW, keep a look out, a guy with a limp and wearing a flameproof black jumpsuit, and a cammed - up face, might be hanging around after dark, trying out a CTR, ready to lift that airbrush. On the other hand, I'm too knackered these days for all that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back