DONE: KI-48-I Type 99 (Lily) Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Appreciate the comment's there guys.The glass was dipped last night to get ready for the masking.I think I have figured out the thin blue lines.I will mark the camo in pencil or something of the sort.Then I will either paint or use a blue permanent marker at thre demarcation lines.The next step is to take some twine of appropiate diameter and coat it with a masking agent and lay it over the blue areas and then start painting.I just have to practice the idea first on some scrap first,this should I hope result in a uniform line.I just need to pick up a couple more supplies from Hobbylobby tomorrow.Cheers Kevin

Yea Dan the paint on a 1/72 is what makes the model for me for 1/72 are done for astedic qualities only,to me at least.

Last edited:
Thank You there Jan.Now how long do we have on this build?If time permits I might be game for the Zero.It's Big my shelves are full for this scale and storing elsewhere might be an issue,you know with the Wife :rolleyes:

Attachments

• ki48 015 (1000 x 750).jpg
    ki48 015 (1000 x 750).jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
That's a really nice looking kit Kevin, will look great built and painted. The PTO build finishes at the end of July, so you might have time to get it done. Good excuse for She Who (thinks) Must Be Obeyed!

Hi Keven,

After a quick search I can tell you a little about the zero profile on the box. Plane was flown by Pilot Lt. Masanobu Ibusuke from the Akagi. Other then that I dont know much about him.

Paul

Thks Paul still debating the guy.I read a reveiw over at LSP on the kit and it stated that it appeared to be a really nice kit.That the copit between the A6M2 was totally different from the A6M5 and that Trumpter got it right.I picked up some of the engines that Tamiya uses in there 1/48 kits from Tamiya America were you just touch the prop and it works.So I am mulling over some ideas there I just want to keep it fairly easy and fun.Cheers Kevin

Here is a build that one of the guys was doing on a A6M5 that would blow your mind

Just started working on my A6M5...again! - LSP Forums

Hey Wayne did you poke your head in the thread @ LSP Manny was doing on the A6M5?the scratch blows your mind.Cheers Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back