**** DONE: Kittyhawk Mk III James F. "Eddie" Edwards RCAF - Aircraft of the Aces GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Finished the pit today and got the fuselage together.

First, another pic of the starboard cockpit wall showing the oxygen hose added from a guitar string. Also added are the stick and manual hydraulic pump to the right of the pilot. I also cleaned off the fuel tank gauges on the floor and added a dab of Future to the bezels.

110728 Pit 3.jpg

After this was done, I set about cementing the fuselage halves together. The next two shots show the pit again from behind and to the port side. All the seams have been given a rough file and sand so far.

110728 Pit 2.jpg

110728 Pit 1.jpg

Here's how she looks after I finished working on her tonight. Those of you familair with this Hasegawa kit know that the rear fuselage/rudder assembly comes separate as do the sections of fuselage contained the glazing behind the canopy. This makes for lots of seams that need to be carefully lined up. The fit overall is quite good, however I found that I did have to remove a bit of a step in some areas with a file. A rough sanding followed at the expense of some panel lines which will need to be scribed back in after I do some more detail sanding.

110728 Overall.jpg

Thanks for tuning in. More after polishing/scribing.

Thanks everyone. Did some more sanding on the seams today however saw some very slight join lines so I put some primer over them to sand some more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back