**** DONE: Kittyhawk Mk III James F. "Eddie" Edwards RCAF - Aircraft of the Aces GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Went over all the little imperfections today and cleaned them up. Still not perfect but I'm resolved to deem these acceptable.

The louver has been cleaned up a bit and the seam at the wing root fixed. The hole in the wing root (not sure the purpose of this) was rounded out with a drill.

110910 Louvre.jpg

The port wing root was cleaned up also and I drilled a new hole here, seen in pictures but not provided in the kit. Unfortunately, when I drilled the hole, the seam opened up again and I had to redo it. The finished area is shown below but I didn't shoot any new primer on it.

110910 Wing Root.jpg

The tail has had a bit of sanding done on the edges and the rivets on th etrim tabs have been knocked down to a more realistic appearance.

110910 Tail.jpg

Ejection ports have been opened up.

110910 Gun Chutes.jpg

Prop/Spinner was painted and assembled and the tires flattened on a hot frying pan, sanded, and painted.

110910 Prop and Tires.jpg

Close-up of the prop after a receiving a coat of future for the decals on the blades.

110910 Prop.jpg

Tomorrow, I plan to get the camo started after a bit of preshading. Pics then.

Thanks everyone. Glenn, I appreciate the info on the intakes in the wing roots, thanks.

Camo has been started. I began with a preshade of the panel lines (pics 1 and 2) followed by the underside application of Polyscale Azure Blue cut 10-20% with white (last 2 pics). The preshade shows through very subtley, not easily seen in the pics but the effect is what I wanted and I'm pleased with the result. Next will be the Middle Stone on the upper surfaces.

Attachments

• 110910 Azure 1.jpg
    110910 Azure 1.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 110910 Azure 2.jpg
    110910 Azure 2.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 91
  • 110910 Preshade Bottom.jpg
    110910 Preshade Bottom.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 99
  • 110910 Preshade Top.jpg
    110910 Preshade Top.jpg