**** DONE: Matchbox 1/72 Bf110 VVS group build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I managed to get the engine nacels on and the underside painted. Then went to spray the RLM 65 on the rest of the parts for the underside and discovered one of the gear bay doors is missing. I spent ages hunting for it to no avail, then I had the bright idea of looking at the first pics I posted and its not there so it must have gone AWOL before that. I'll have to try and fabricate one from plastic card, and just to top it all off a number of gaps reappeared that I had already filled.
Now going to go and watch NCIS and letch at Abbi to take my mind off it.
001-18.jpg

I'm sorry to hear about the missing door. I feel your pain as I opened my Hurricane I found that I was missing the canopy. I find that in most of the kits I build the gear doors are way to thick so what I do sometimes if I don't feel like sanding them down I will use a beer can (Coke can depending on your age) to make replacement doors.

Too bad about the gear door Lewis. I'm sure you'll come up with something. I always seem the end up loosing something in a build. Last time it was a landing gear leg. :(

Tough break Lewis missing bits are always a pain, I had a couple on my resin engine today. But I'm sure your improvisation will bring you through.

Thank you kindly folks
Made some good progress tonight
Fabricated a gear door using one of the others as a pattern
001-20.jpg

002-21.jpg

Resprayed the underside along with fitting the bomb rack
003-15.jpg

Gave the top a coat of RLM 75
004-13.jpg

005-7.jpg

Then did the RLM 74 splinters. these are just roughly done as it still has to have its winter whitewash applied, which will then be removed from leading edges and other places of high wear and tear.
006-8.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back