**** DONE: Matchbox 1/72 Bf110 VVS group build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks all
I did the winter camo last night but the camera batteries dide as I was uploading the pics.
I am rather pleased with the way it turned out although the starboard wing is a little better than the port. I used quite a wet spray, holding the airbrush quite close, building up the paint quickly at the leading edges and using a large flat paintbrush lifting of the paint before it dried to give a patchy, streaky look on the other parts of the upper surface I went over in a light mist and built up certain parts to give different densities of white.
001-21.jpg

003-16.jpg

002-22.jpg

Thanks folks.
I have now got the exhausts on and will be doing some pastel work on it later hopefully get pics up later tonight.

Just finished the pastel work but haven't put the future coat on yet as I would like a second or third opinion as to if it is too much? I did want to make this one look like it has been well used.
011-1.jpg

012-1.jpg

You have a nice balance there Lewis, but please, give us the heads-up on how the future goes over the pastals.

Vic the future was brushed on in two coats and went on fine I'll get some pics. up tonight when I get home from work. Hope to get some daylight shots as the lamp has bleached out some of the subtle stuff.
Thanks once again for the kind words and encouragement everyone

No worries Vic Did the decals tonight and painted the canopy made a landing light but gave up on the nav. lights. Every time I had a piece nearly to the size I wanted it "Ping" off it went to who knows where. Am trying to build them up with clear glue ATM. Am now going to call it a night as my concentration is waning and my patience is wearing thin.
004-15.jpg

006-10.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back