Done : Oblt. Klaus Faber, Fw190D-9 "Red 13", JV44 Gruppe Build...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

After seeing that, I'm giving up modelling and taking up needlework!
Eh? How the h*ll could I do that, with my hands? I'd end up sewing myself to something!!
Oh, well! Back to the Dora!

Just thought that I'd spray my spinner yellow, now I remember why I always hated that colour at my old work.....no f*cking pigments whatsoever! Oh well, just let it dry and then sand it down slightly (got some crap showing, have no idea where it came from) and give it another coat or two and then black....
DSCF0003-6.jpg

There are two ways of the yellow colour painting.The first one is to apply white ( or what is better very light grey) colour befor the yellow one.The second is to put the gloss cote as a primer firstly.Personally I like the first way for some reasons.Firstly, I don't need to use primer and secondly, the light grey colour makes the model plastic lighter ( these who assambled Eduard or Italeri kits of dark olive green colour plastic, can understand me fully)

Yeah, yellow is such a pain. Hopefully the RLM yellow I just bought will be better, but I doubt it. According to Wojtek's method, I'm in luck! I'm using it for the Reich Band, and I was going to paint the white of it first.

And as for the crap that got in there, I feel your pain!

Thought about it after Wojtek...."maybe I should have applied some white first"...:oops: :lol: Anyhoo, letting it dry now, to sand gently later and apply some more yellow, one or two layers and then the black etc. for the propeller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back