**** DONE: Revell 1/32 Ju88A-5 4D + MR 7/KG30 MTO Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Im wondering if this aircraft participated in the bombing of the HMS Illustriuos. See picture below.

Attachments

• 77_09_1394.jpg
    77_09_1394.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 168
nice work there pal

:)

and yes..its windows on the floorpanel..but not all are windows..only the small ones..the long ( larger bullged part ) is not a window )
glad the wood arrived safely airframes :)

and about the bomadierseat ( when this kit was made from our original Ju 88 A1 the modellmaker made a small error.. the leather on the back had been removed and only the "stuffing" was left on the seat..that stuffing is now what you see in the model seat ( bombadierseat that faces forward next to the pilotseat )

anyway..keep up the good work :)

Great info Mr G! So that moulded bit on the top of the seat back is the stuffing! Wow! He might have got it wrong, but talk about making things accurate - he even made the damage accurate! Fantastic!

Great info Mr G! So that moulded bit on the top of the seat back is the stuffing! Wow! He might have got it wrong, but talk about making things accurate - he even made the damage accurate! Fantastic!

he did a great job doing that 88 kit and i just LOVE the 88 cockpit on this kit

the bordfunkerseat ( radioseat facing backwards ) and pilotseat was restored when he visited us but the small foldable bombadierseat next to the pilot was not restored. so he got the leather missing but the inside stuffing correct..hehe

the radioseat ( facing backwards ) we had two types of..one very early version from the A1 and a little later version ( A1-A5 ) in the kit he went with the later version ( BoB version ) with the mslal holes in front ( that our friend in here has drilled out perfect )
but here is a picture of the radioseat and pilotseat ( hope you dont mind posting this in your thread )

Attachments

• Ju 88 pilot chair 006.jpg
    Ju 88 pilot chair 006.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 172
  • navigator seat Ju 88.jpg
    navigator seat Ju 88.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 180
Sweet info there GF!!! You wouldnt happen to know more about the tail markings on this aircraft would you. :D The big one looks like a carrier? Was trying to figure out what one.

Guttorm...feel free to post away mate, the more the merrier..!:D

Sh!t now I have to remove the stuffing!!??

Main cockpit components....pre-painting.... and the internal side walls first stage painting!

Attachments

• Cockpit Components Prepainting_6536.JPG
    Cockpit Components Prepainting_6536.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 181
  • Cockpit Side Stbd  Painted_6553.JPG
    Cockpit Side Stbd Painted_6553.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 177
  • Cockpit Side Port Painted_6556.JPG
    Cockpit Side Port Painted_6556.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 182

i would not remove the " stuffing"
i would rather use some putty and smooth it out so it turns into the leather cushion it should be :)

looking good so far there pal ( note the black steel bars underneath the radioseat )
on LSP forum i have a huge thread with tons of detail pictures also that you might find interesting..there you will see all the details you might need for getting this cockpit right :)

the red X on the floor panel is not a window-should be cockpitcolour

Attachments

• Cockpit%20Components%20Prepainting_6536.JPG
    Cockpit%20Components%20Prepainting_6536.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 178
not sure about all the markings ( this tail is still surviving in a private collectors house with original paint ( a good friend of mine somewhere in europa-he likes to remain anonymous ) - i will ask him if he knows more about it )

not sure about all the markings ( this tail is still surviving in a private collectors house with original paint ( a good friend of mine somewhere in europa-he likes to remain anonymous ) - i will ask him if he knows more about it )

Many thanks GF, The biggest ship is the one Im interested in. Im wondering if its this one.

Attachments

• 77_09_1394.jpg
    77_09_1394.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 179
and a small note ( note the picture of the cockpit with the oxygen regulator on the right side with red circle around it ) this part is included in the kit BUT left out from the drawings..here you can see the location ( probably a small miss when making the drawings
also some detail shoots ( top of canopy and others for you to look at :)
hope you enjouy the kit

Attachments

• 88 007.jpg
    88 007.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 188
  • antenna and radioequipment.jpg
    antenna and radioequipment.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 185
  • ju88 arbeid 013.jpg
    ju88 arbeid 013.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 174
  • restoration details 005.jpg
    restoration details 005.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 168

the red X on the floor panel is not a window-should be cockpitcolour

Yeah, I remember you mentioned it previously....painted it today and forgot to remove the mask didn't I!!??:rolleyes:

Been over to LSP for a squiz quite a few times...thanks Guttorm!:D

....and the tail of this bird still exists..!!??

Last edited:
hehe
thats right..its not very visible :) and YES. the whole vertical of this lovely Ju88 is still alive. i have seen it several times with my own eyes ( i am not allowed to post any pictures of his collection sadely ) the paint is faded but still clear. the whole killboard painted on the tail was cut out and keept as a souvenir sometime during the war when the 88 was damaged and keept in the officers mess. after the war it was found on a junkyard ( back in the early 60`s and that is when my friend got a hand on it ) he started collecting luftwaffe back in the 1950`s and 60`s so he has quite a lot of nice artefacts like a one meter long gold ( real gold ) luftwaffe eagle that has been on Gørings house in the alps :) and a lot more :)

looking forward to see more of your build :)

hehe
thats right..its not very visible :) and YES. the whole vertical of this lovely Ju88 is still alive. i have seen it several times with my own eyes ( i am not allowed to post any pictures of his collection sadely ) the paint is faded but still clear. the whole killboard painted on the tail was cut out and keept as a souvenir sometime during the war when the 88 was damaged and keept in the officers mess. after the war it was found on a junkyard ( back in the early 60`s and that is when my friend got a hand on it ) he started collecting luftwaffe back in the 1950`s and 60`s so he has quite a lot of nice artefacts like a one meter long gold ( real gold ) luftwaffe eagle that has been on Gørings house in the alps :) and a lot more :)

looking forward to see more of your build :)

To bad on the picture though I wouldnt be suprised if you pulled out a real Bf-109 out of your garage one day. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back