**** DONE: Revell 1/32 Ju88A-5 4D + MR 7/KG30 MTO Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good question Andy, I've often wondered that myself.................so come on Mr Chip............time for a lesson.

BTW: Bloody good masking mate.

Nice Wayne. Do you precut the tape or cut it once stuck down?

I usually precut and layer sections onto each area, usually rectangular for the most part or triangular pieces that are measured to fit, then again layer additional pieces cut to shape to fill in the remainder....

Thanks Guys!!

Almost ready to paint!:D

Attachments

• Rear Canopy Masking_1856.JPG
    Rear Canopy Masking_1856.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 98
  • Rear Canopy Masking_1858.JPG
    Rear Canopy Masking_1858.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 88
  • Rear Canopy Masking_1860.JPG
    Rear Canopy Masking_1860.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Thanks Wayne. I may try that approach as I've been cutting in place, sometimes leaving a little scratch.

That's the one thing I fear doing, scratching or cutting in the wrong place, so I control the tempo, prefer the easy way of precut masks but they are not always available so you must be able to adapt to the situation, takes a little longer but the result is worth the effort.:D

Thats what he says now Andy.Now remember the 109 panel he got like me and you went from 0-60 in 4.2s only problem is I do not have any brakes :lol:

Oh by the way it's looking oh lets say professional as usual Wayne.;)

no Wayne your early for the MTO group build II

YEAH !! ...:rolleyes:...when is it???

more done today painted the RLM 71 followed by the gloss coat, tomorrow at least one coat of Flat...maybe two!? :D

Attachments

• Rear Canopy Painted_1898.JPG
    Rear Canopy Painted_1898.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 99
  • Rear Canopy Painted_1903.JPG
    Rear Canopy Painted_1903.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 101
  • Rear Canopy Glossed_1938.JPG
    Rear Canopy Glossed_1938.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 140
  • Rear Canopy Glossed_1940.JPG
    Rear Canopy Glossed_1940.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Looks like it's all getting close to the end. Is there much more to do Wayne, apart from the rear canopy, bombs and small fiddly bits ?

Not much, will post a pic later of the remaining bits...the fiddly stuff is always last to go on once all the primary stuff is finished...you know the drill, I'm sure!!:D:D

Basically what is left....not including the new bombs and racks...aerial wires and gun sights...probably forgotten something!..?

Attachments

• Final stages_1944.JPG
    Final stages_1944.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
So.... ready for about Xmas then! Can't wait for the "Finished" thread and some pics.:lol:8) Hang on - are you doing a base for it? Cheers Peter

Yes on the base...:D want it finished for the SA Model Expo end of October.

10 minutes work if you pull your finger out mate !

Kiss my furry butt....:lol: wish it was that easy!

2 coats of flat today...think I need one more on the canopy...it fits almost perfectly!!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back