**** DONE: Spitfire MkVIII, 136 Squadron RAF, Burma, 1944, Commonwealth GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Its looking fantastic Terry - truly brilliant!!!
Max Barbara

Thanks very much Wayne !
just doing the final bits now, and then back to working on the base; the trees are taking a bit of time!

That looks sharp Terry :thumbleft: Now when I was looking at some colored pics the other night I saw some Seafires and you talk about a plane that took some abuse,metal showing on the trailing edges!Cheers Bud ;)

Terry have a look at this unusual 3/tone camo Spit MkXIV here and the seafires are in this guys album somewhere

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8270787@N07/3870062133/in/photostream/

Last edited:
Thanks Kevin. Didn't see the Seafires, but nothing particularly unusual about the late MarkXIV Spit - it's a poor saturation print, showing the standard Dark Green, Ocean (or maybe Mixed ) Grey and Medium Sea Grey finish, perhaps slightly faded, although more likely the poor print.

I think I understand what you are saying there Terry

nice color photo Spit Spitfire in England | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Mosquito SAAF Mosquito mk. XVI in Italy. | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

SeaHurri? Sea Hurricane | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Seafire Seafire | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Seafire | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Spit Spitfire | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The guy has some interesting photos for sure and with 1278 pics 5 at a time it takes alittle while.I do not know if I had found a third SF with more wear or not??I looked for almost 1 1/2 hrs the other night.

Last edited:
Thanks Kevin. I won't be adding any more wear and tear to the Spit MkVIII, as it was only a couple of months old at the time depicted.(And they were freshly re-painted in the dark earth upon arrival in India).
The main thing was to get the dusty, dirty look right, comparing it to the film footage taken at the time.
Still working on the base at the moment, plodding on making two or three young Acacia trees, and some scrub etc. I should have some pics of the progress sometime over the weekend - I hope !

That will be cool Terry!Everybody is getting into dios now.That fella does have some nice pics though ;) Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back