**** DONE: Spitfire MkVIII, 136 Squadron RAF, Burma, 1944, Commonwealth GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

plodding on making two or three young Acacia trees, and some scrub etc. I should have some pics of the progress sometime over the weekend - I hope !

Looking forward to the forest Terry.....................Oh and the Spit......:p.....:p

Not much to show of the base yet, as only the first ground cover has been laid, the rest will be done once I know exactly which angle the trees are going to be at.
Meanwhile, here's a couple of the almost finished, young, wind-blown trees. These represent the edge of the forest growth, where the jungle has been cut back to form dispersal points, and are yet to be given the 'dust treatment'.

Attachments

• Bob Cross build 278.jpg
    Bob Cross build 278.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 83
  • Bob Cross build 276.jpg
    Bob Cross build 276.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 83
I seed you lot are harvesting a new crop of 'funnies'. Think it's way pasture bed time ......

And back to the scheduled programme.
Although the base for the model is not part of the GB, it's fundamental to the display of the model itself, particularly as this particular model is a form of memorial to Bob Cross.
So, here's a few pics of the progress to date. The main part of the cut-back jungle has been done, with a few small additions and colours yet to be added. The surface of the main area has yet to be textured and coloured, and I hope to get this completed in the next couple of days, and then attach the brass title plate.
Once that's done, the final details on the model itself will be completed, and the photography done off the base, for clarity, with a couple of shots showing the complete display.
Thanks again for all your support and kind comments, and I'll post some more pics soon.

Attachments

• Bob Cross build 281.jpg
    Bob Cross build 281.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 78
  • Bob Cross build 283.jpg
    Bob Cross build 283.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 80
  • Bob Cross build 287.jpg
    Bob Cross build 287.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 78
  • Bob Cross build 290.jpg
    Bob Cross build 290.jpg