F-4E Kurnass '222' Yom Kippur War Oct. 1973

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Fellas...some work and updates tomorrow, the Missus had me out today...driving here around while she spent money....:cry:

Thanks Fellas...some work and updates tomorrow, the Missus had me out today...driving here around while she spent money....:cry:

Had the same problem myself today and I'm top chef for visitors tomorrow............. :mad: :mad:

BTW Wayne, you nigh in slipped this on past me...............bloody good choice me ole mate......
happy0034.gif

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Mom: "Harrison want to come to the store with me?"
Me:" Am I getting any models?"
Mom: "No I don't think we have time"
Me: "No"

Finally got to see the pics ! Methinks this is going to be a stunner. Always liked those long-nosed Phantoms - still look 'modern' today far as I'm concerned.

Not on new kits for you I presume..?

No sadly....but we will have a new washing machine delivered tomorrow...

Ok some work on the rear cockpit main panel.....

Attachments

• 3_Cockpit-Rear_1076.JPG
    3_Cockpit-Rear_1076.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 116
  • 4_Cockpit-rear_1078.JPG
    4_Cockpit-rear_1078.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 108
  • 5_Cockpit-Rear_1081.JPG
    5_Cockpit-Rear_1081.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 98
How do you keep the stuff black when you spray the cockpit color?

The main cockpit is painted first, you then lightly sand the areas you want to glue the etch to and away you go, with superglue, but you must get it right REAL quick, it sticks fast.... or use the slower setting gel type..
The etch is very thin and delicate so if you stuff it up it is hard to correct.

The main cockpit is painted first, you then lightly sand the areas you want to glue the etch to and away you go, with superglue, but you must get it right REAL quick, it sticks fast.... or use the slower setting gel type..
The etch is very thin and delicate so if you stuff it up it is hard to correct.

Thanks for the explanation mate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back