F-4E Kurnass '222' Yom Kippur War Oct. 1973

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Superb cockpit tube Wayne, after reading your comment in the 'upset you today' thread, I can imagine the trauma you may have been having. Hope it worked out.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Superb cockpit tube Wayne, after reading your comment in the 'upset you today' thread, I can imagine the trauma you may have been having. Hope it worked out.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Thanks Guys...Oh, I got the b!tch to fit ok Vic.....it just ate up too much time to get there...!

While i ponder some extra detail on the side walls, have moved on to the 'new' set of wings......I say this because i had put the wings together weeks ago and had done most of the sanding work.....when the other day studying 122/222 I noticed one really obvious thing I had failed to notice...the wings I had prepped were not Slatted!!!! So it was back into the other Phantom kit for the slatted wings, these are glued together and am working on the sanding.....pics tomorrow!

Thanks Guys...Oh, I got the b!tch to fit ok Vic.....it just ate up too much time to get there...!

While i ponder some extra detail on the side walls, have moved on to the 'new' set of wings......I say this because i had put the wings together weeks ago and had done most of the sanding work.....when the other day studying 122/222 I noticed one really obvious thing I had failed to notice...the wings I had prepped were not Slatted!!!! So it was back into the other Phantom kit for the slatted wings, these are glued together and am working on the sanding.....pics tomorrow!

Wayne, would you post pics of BOTH versions please (slatted and un-slatted)?

Wayne, would you post pics of BOTH versions please (slatted and un-slatted)?

Here ya go!

The Non Slatted first, the Bulges on top of the slatted wings still needs to be removed...and the outer extended slats added.

You can easily pick out the bulges on the lower wing of the slated version, these fairings cover the actuators fo the manoeuvring slats on the wing leading edges.

Attachments

• F-4E_Nonslatted Wings Top_1151.JPG
    F-4E_Nonslatted Wings Top_1151.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 112
  • F-4E_Nonslatted Wings Lower_1148.JPG
    F-4E_Nonslatted Wings Lower_1148.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 102
  • F-4E_Slatted Wing Lower_1143.JPG
    F-4E_Slatted Wing Lower_1143.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 105
  • F-4E_Slatted Wings Top_1146.JPG
    F-4E_Slatted Wings Top_1146.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Don't start that tomorrow sh!t again...:lol::lol:

the outer slats added and bulges removed...

Attachments

• 19_Outer Wing Slats_1180.JPG
    19_Outer Wing Slats_1180.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 94
  • 20_Outer Wing Slats_1178.JPG
    20_Outer Wing Slats_1178.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 94

Users who are viewing this thread

Back